Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 393

Here a common thread for the wish for alternative layouts, and keyboard functionalities.

caymen
    caymen
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

What are the most useful shortcuts you use on a keyboard smartphone?

caymen
    caymen
    Participant

My two cents for now: thinking shortcuts in the launcher UI that launch apps like email and calendar etc, and then shortcuts for frequently used words…

caymen
    caymen
    Participant

Other thoughts are in the custom apps, how about about shortcut keys to do functions in the app like ‘save doc’ ‘new invite’ ‘new email’ and ‘send email’.

readyfx
    readyfx
    Keymaster
    Topics: 1

for us it’s useful to have a shortcut button to whatsapp or google hangouts which we use for business.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Personally I never really uses the short cuts except by accident. But the idea is nice, and hopefully the user can customize them as they please.
    I’m not sure about Android but on Ios to my surprise some programs correctly reacts to Ctrl-short cuts like Ctrl-Z, as well as C,V,X,…
    So that kind of ‘short cuts’ I hope will be supported too.
    :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jcp jcp
    readyfx
    readyfx
    Keymaster
    Topics: 1

I have a shortcut on my Bose QC35. It use it to fire up my Spotify, might be useful to have something like this on a mobile keyboard.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Just a thought that might work. a ‘macro’ like shortcut that could send a series of key strokes.
    It is possible in Android, I know that e.g. “Android Assistant” and “Greenify” does that to ‘kill’ a program (opens settings and ‘presses’ stop). Other use the same idea. It is the “Accessibility” interface.

Imagine the users has a program where they always start by selecting a particular tab or function…

In an advanced version AND integrated with fingerprint authentication, it could even send passwords to program login for programs not supporting fingerprint authentication. Of course this will require the user to trust that the keystrokes are saved in a secure and encrypted way…

Shortcuts to navigate in a music player even if not currently on top could be nice too (std: stop/start/skip et cetera)

thomas_d
    thomas_d
    Participant
    Replies: 4

I use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V all the time on my Priv :-)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    dicer
    dicer
    Participant

I only accidentally use the shortcuts on the droid4. I would like to have symbols etc to be accessed easily. So I’d always take another symbol key over a shortcut.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

to this from the above

So I’d always take another symbol key over a shortcut.

I’m totally with you on that, dicer :)
    On my old keyboard case for the Iphone 6- I loved that there were keys for a range of combinations of shift keys. I even made a small table I had on the device, to find the more odd ones, I did not remember.by heart.
    Ip6- keyboard case symbols
    And I would have loved easy access to even more. – The most common emojis too.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jcp jcp
    lameboyadvance
    lameboyadvance
    Participant
    Replies: 2

Personally I would love to see multiple keymaps like the above added for every key on the keyboard (including spacebar, arrow keys, etc), just have them set to default keys upon launch, but then let users modify the keymaps to whatever they want.

This would let users specify whatever key combinations they want, non-english layouts, unimplemented custom keys (like home/end/pgup/pgdn/insert), etc.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Personally I would love to see multiple keymaps like the above added for every key on the keyboard (including spacebar, arrow keys, etc), just have them set to default keys upon launch, but then let users modify the keymaps to whatever they want.

This would let users specify whatever key combinations they want, non-english layouts, unimplemented custom keys (like home/end/pgup/pgdn/insert), etc.

Sounds great to me lameboyadvance, and especially if the key-mapings could be saved in a way, so us nerds could share them with less tech savy users.

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Participant
    Replies: 1

I’m a plumber by trade in the U.S., and in my line of work I am constanly typing fractions. Anything to to make that easier would be great. Any possible way to save fractions? So I know the shortcut on ASOP keyboard, long press 2 for instance, 1/2, etc. Comes up. But there are not many fractions available for this shortcut. The ability to add and save fractions on a shortcut would be great. The availability of plug-ins for different types of typing would be nice, say one for programing, one for actual typing ( spellchecker, a small office package, fonts, headers, maybe?), one for trades with expanded fractions :). Just my thoughts

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if I get your idea completely Phoenix. Do you want it limited to the fractions represented by one character (that can be hard to get to) like “¾” or as a sequence of strokes like “5/16” ?
    To my knowledge the only predefined fractions in unicode are these seven+two ⅛ ¼ ⅜ ½ ⅝ ¾ ⅞ and ⅓ ⅔

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.