Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Testdevice
    TeZtdevice
    Participant

f(x)tec is working on it (certification etc.)…it will be announced soon (I think, perhaps in about 4 weeks).

Bubblejunk
    Bubblejunk
    Participant

Just replying here to show support for scandic layout +1.

rdm
    rdm
    Participant

ich freue mich schon. hoffe die Kamera ist auch nicht so schlecht.

dreamflasher
    dreamflasher
    Participant

This is so great that this is happening! Please also take into consideration the data of the moto z keyboard mod layouts. I’m now the first here to request German QWERTZ but this was the most requested on the indiegogo campaign. Thank you!

Slion
    Slion
    Participant

I’ll need AZERTY.

Suomalainen
    Suomalainen
    Participant

I give my vote to maki.jouni’s layout, but I understand that F(x)tec needs to think about money so EskeRahn’s suggestion would also be acceptable. When I used a Motorola DROID 4, I painted Ä and Ö with my gf’s nail polish and it’s still on the keys, never flaked off unlike some other white paints I tried.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant

Why not just use US-International? This would require an Alt-Gr key but would allow all this languages.
    I use it at the pc for äöü.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant

Here with a image:

US-International Keyboard

Slion
    Slion
    Participant

I sure hope the initial qwerty will support international characters one way or another. It looks like they have plenty enough modifiers keys.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant

Yeah me too, even thought about preordering, but without a support for international chars the keyboard is useless for me

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Well doktor.oswaldo the “US-International” is fine for those that primarily write in English, and needs to occasionally write foreign name or titles in many languages, But if you use e.g. one of the Scandinavian languages the national characters are almost as commonly used as E in English, so to have them at odd places with double strokes would really be an acquired taste….

But SURE the US-international could be a good thing to print on an international version (The accent key of the international could go to the vacant one left of the Z). And be the default software layout.
    And then offer national layouts with the 2+2+3 keys right of A-Z remapped as software. I could easily live with that for Danish.

Suomalainen
    Suomalainen
    Participant

doktor.oswaldo, as EskeRahn stated above; if you had the character E behind an Alt key in your keyboard, how’d you find typing then?

I’ll translate that simple sentence to Finnish to show how frequently we use the umlaut characters:
    doktor.oswaldo, kuten EskeRahn sanoi yläpuolella, jos sinulla olisi näppäin E Alt-näppäimen takana näppäimistössäsi, niin minkälaiselta kirjoittaminen tuntuisi tällöin?

achat.marken
    achat.marken
    Participant

I want an AZERTY version too.

blubbeh
    blubbeh
    Participant

QWERTY will be fine for me personally as long as there’s a hassle free way to add some characters behind modifiers. Read: Add, not switch to an existing layout.
    The layout shown off currently is actually rather low on symbols and has a lot of space for sensible international character placements. In fact, I’m surprised there’s neither a € or a £ to be found for a UK based company’s device.

After spending a lot of patience waiting on the mod that never came to be (I understand how it happend, but time is time), I certainly won’t wait for alternative layouts this time.

yaka
    yaka
    Participant

Only registered to say: I would like a Hungarian layout (basically a QWERTZ with the possibility to get áéíóöőúüű characters with the help of the arrow button, just like Noka E7 does).

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.