Alternative OS availability, common entry

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    sic_zer0netman
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 198

Supporting more operating systems than only Android is really a nice cherry on top of this beautiful concept, thanks fxtec folks for keeping the dream alive :).

2 users thanked author for this post.
    jasonDW
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 125

Ubuntu Touch is also a very good option, will try to make that happen after SFOS. :)

I guess the work on sailfish may promote getting ubuntu phone working as well.

If you do go down ubuntu road i’d happily beta test :D

WaxberryWaxberry
    Keymaster
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 98

Currently we have engaged with developers of Sailfish OS and Lineage OS.

We will also help with the adaptation of Maemo Leste.

More OS adaptation work will follow afterwards.

8 users thanked author for this post.
    OliverTypesOliverTypes
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 13

That’s great news!

opel.tobiasKabbone
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Nice, was already hoping for Sailfish as of Liang Chen is also a big fan of it :). Of course it would also be nice opting in for a purchased version to get Android support like at the Xperia X Series

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jason DW
    VaZsoVaZso
    Participant
    Replies: 86

Nice, was already hoping for Sailfish as of Liang Chen is also a big fan of it :). Of course it would also be nice opting in for a purchased version to get Android support like at the Xperia X Series

Agree, I would be also happy to have Sailfish running with Android support.

EskeRahnEskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 753

See new tweet. Sailfish on Pro¹ shown in short video a few hours old:

6 users thanked author for this post.
    anonim001anonim001
    Participant
    Replies: 45

If it’s smoother than Android and runs Android apps, why use Android? So far I’m in!

sic_zer0netman
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 198

A serious OS on a phone that is not android and it’ll run on my next phone :). I am excited!

KeyahnigKeyahnig
    Participant
    Replies: 24

I’m really looking forward to Sailfish OS. I had an old buggy version of it running on my old Nexus 5. Many features didn’t really work good enough to be used as my daily driver but I still loved it.

Does anyone know if both layouts (qwertz with öäü / qwerty) will be supported? If not that might be a reason for me to pick up the qwerty version.

EskeRahnEskeRahn
    Keymaster

How about Android One?
    Does the existence of the keyboard require any OS-changes (not allowed in A1) or can it be logically handled as any external BT-keyboard? Or perhaps using the Accessibility API?
    The Nokia 9 uses Android One, so it is not just entry levels phones using it any more.
    As far as I know adding an optional launcher is allowed, so that should also work with your landscape optimised launcher.
    It could be a really nice way to simplify things and also assure the security updates for at the least two years.

The question was also posed as part of this post, but never answered to my knowledge.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    georgepatton1945Joakim
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 21

How about Android One?

From my understanding, Android One is pretty much a partnership program with Google. Google pretty much mandates manufacturer to do necessary changes and roll the updates within a timeframe.

Personally, I doubt this is going to happen. If phone was going to use Android One, they would have been touch with Google during the design phase already.

EskeRahnEskeRahn
    Keymaster

From my understanding, Android One is pretty much a partnership program with Google. Google pretty much mandates manufacturer to do necessary changes and roll the updates within a timeframe.

Personally, I doubt this is going to happen. If phone was going to use Android One, they would have been touch with Google during the design phase already.

Ah I see, and if they had, they would most likely have used that for marketing, so unlikely then. :-/

KeyahnigKeyahnig
    Participant
    Replies: 24

It’s been a while since somebody wrote something in here.
    Are there any news about sailfish and other os?

ParhelionParhelion
    Participant
    Replies: 23

I’m really eager about the progress in Sailfish adaptation, that’s what I’m really waiting for!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958