Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Craig
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 70

Any update? Have testers been selected yet? Notified yet? Devices shipped yet?

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 526

Well yes, we just got it in a newsletter:

Beta Testing

We’ve been going through the hundreds (and hundreds) of completed beta testing forms. Thank you to everyone who has offered to help us out as we have been overwhelmed and delighted with your support. We will be getting in touch with the lucky few this coming week, so keep an eye on your inboxes.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Replies: 147

Speaking of… I accidentally unsubscribed from the newsletter and can’t figure out how to get back in. I’ve sent an e-mail to ask if they could subscribe me again to no avail. Maybe it got marked as spam?

dreamflasher
    dreamflasher
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 32

How many beta testers will be there?

Let’s post here, if anyone of us got selected.

Craig
    Craig
    Participant

Well yes, we just got it in a newsletter:

Yes, I got that after I posted. Sounds like quite a few people interested. The time it shows is not the time I actually posted, probably due to the moderation delay.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    VaZso
    VaZso
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 55

Do you know what beta testing form mean?
    Just because I wrote an e-mail on the same day when they sent the initial e-mail about beta testing, but I did not receive any reply or form-like questions…

Maybe they didn’t even receive my e-mail or it landed directly in spam folder, etc…

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Yes, I got that after I posted. Sounds like quite a few people interested. The time it shows is not the time I actually posted, probably due to the moderation delay.

Yup, an odd bug, and even if approved they does not appear at the front as activity in the thread until a moderator make a comment in the thread too…. So I have made a habit of after approve to make a dummy comment and delete it…. Making it even more tedious…. I sure hope they find a smarter solution soon.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

I do not know how the beta test is going to work, but I hope they find an open way of reporting so people do not waste time on describing and reporting bugs other have already sent in.
    I don’t see much point in doing it in this completely open forum though. I mean not much point in discussing bugs found as long as they are corrected before (or shortly after) release.

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant

’t see much point in doing it in this completely open forum though. I mean not much point in discussing bugs found as long as they are corrected before (or shortly after) relea

I would hope they just set up a bug-tracking system for the testers, such as bugzilla or similar.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    vitaliysemenko
    ddark-il
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 13

It might be not possible to post here that you’re involved in beta testing,
    There is an NDA(obviously), and it may(or may not) require you to keep the participation in beta testing as part of confidential information.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Replies: 139

I do not know how the beta test is going to work, but I hope they find an open way of reporting so people do not waste time on describing and reporting bugs other have already sent in.

I don’t see much point in doing it in this completely open forum though. I mean not much point in discussing bugs found as long as they are corrected before (or shortly after) release.

Since the beta tester will probably have to sign an nda, I highly doubt that the testers will be allowed to post about bugs anywhere public.

Craig
    Craig
    Participant

It might be not possible to post here that you’re involved in beta testing,
    \

The first rule of fight club.

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant

Speaking of… I accidentally unsubscribed from the newsletter and can’t figure out how to get back in. I’ve sent an e-mail to ask if they could subscribe me again to no avail. Maybe it got marked as spam?

So I have figured out how to sign up again I think :). I think due to browser issues the popup offering to sign up for the mailing list did not show on my pc, or I am simply blind. Anything much I missed in the last newsletter?

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Anything much I missed in the last newsletter?

Not really. Except the beta, some about the Düsseldorf event (now two days ago), and a photo sample. (I copied that to Chen’s photo-thread)

Erik-FX
    Erik-FX
    Keymaster
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 16

Do you know what beta testing form mean?

Just because I wrote an e-mail on the same day when they sent the initial e-mail about beta testing, but I did not receive any reply or form-like questions…

Maybe they didn’t even receive my e-mail or it landed directly in spam folder, etc…

Sorry to hear you haven’t received a reply to your message. Our Microsoft Exchange email provider likely blocked the message as all queries are answered from our side. We will implement Zendesk before launch to improve this.

So I have figured out how to sign up again I think :). I think due to browser issues the popup offering to sign up for the mailing list did not show on my pc, or I am simply blind. Anything much I missed in the last newsletter?

I believe the subscribe widget doesn’t show up any further once closed. You can find an online version of the missed newsletter at https://mailchi.mp/fxtec/heres-the-latest-pro1-news-qwertz-camera-progress.

In future, you can also resubscribe at https://fxtec.us19.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=adae1356e734fcdec77e6255f&id=9a393a9003.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.