Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    peter3
    ynari
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Any chance of a bundled screen protector? I know pre-orders ship with a case, which is welcome, but does this also include a screen protector?

I’ve always operated my Priv with a screen protector from day one. I didn’t with my old Xperia Pro and the screen isn’t in particularly decent condition!

Given the rarity of keyboard phones (after the Xperia Pro, I had a US Motorola Photon Q modified to add a SIM slot, then when that died the Priv was the only keyboard phone) I want to do as much as possible to protect it.

Really looking forward to returning to a landscape keyboard phone.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 203

Would be nice if they get one.
    Perhaps if the screen is identical to one used on a more common model, we could get one for that one. The dimensions seems rather close to the Meizu 16(x), so perhaps that is a match?

If not my personal fall back plan is to try if a tempered glass protector for a Samsung S8+ or S9+ has the right side curvature (the width is 0.2 mm larger resp. smaller) and then use a glass-cutter to shorten it sufficiently.

And if that fails too my fall-back plan is to get plain foil-protectors for one or the other. those should be easy to cut.

Testdevice
    TeZtdevice
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 23

A company in Germany need only the dimensions of the screen to build a customized screen protector.
    If Fx(tec) send the the correct dimension I will ask https://atfolix.info to create a new screen protector for european customers. The company build a lot of screen protectors for me like GPD Pocket2.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

A company in Germany need only the dimensions of the screen to build a customized screen protector.

If Fx(tec) send the the correct dimension I will ask https://atfolix.info to create a new screen protector for european customers. The company build a lot of screen protectors for me like GPD Pocket2.

Are they making foils only, or also (one direction) curved tempered glass protectors?.(like this)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Testdevice
    TeZtdevice
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 23

Are they making foils only, or also (one direction) curved tempered glass protectors?.(like this)

Yes, I just called the company. The foil protect the whole curved display!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Yes, I just called the company. The foil protect the whole curved display!

Thanks. That would be a nice fall back. But if possible i would much rather have a tempered glass protector as I do not really fear of scratches on gorilla glass as much as I fear breaking it.

In my experience a simple £1-3 curved tempered glass protector takes the energy of many minor impacts. Though the quality is not that high, and they typically get a cracked line or two within about two months, so for My Priv (and the S8-) I just bought a stack, and change them whenever needed. It could typically break while playing with my dog and having the phone in the pocket bumping into something hard, e.g. him swinging a large branch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.