Direct Emails from fxtec that I have been authorized to share.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    mcdinner
    mcdinner
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 8

perhaps you could just bring the phones across the channel in October and ship it from there.

We do not know where this “EU fulfilment warehouse” is located. But let us hope it is in say Ireland. Perhaps to the north…

I dont’t think Brexit will happen anytime soon, but not UK would make sense at the moment.

Zimeon
    Zimeon
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

Shipment in case of a hard brexit would mean a 24% addition of VAT and add an additional 155€ to the price of the phone. Hope it doesn’t come to that, but it would really suck.Well we have less than a month now to find out how things go.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 744

Shipment in case of a hard brexit would mean a 24% addition of VAT and add an additional 155€ to the price of the phone. Hope it doesn’t come to that, but it would really suck.Well we have less than a month now to find out how things go.

Please read the answer by Erik…. It wont.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 124

You only pay the tax applicable when you purchase an item not when it ships. (except customs import duty ofc)

Zimeon
    Zimeon
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

You only pay the tax applicable when you purchase an item not when it ships. (except customs import duty ofc)

Example 1. The client does not have a Finnish business ID and indirect representation is used. In this case, the indirect representative is also responsible for the VAT on importation and any subsequent taxation.

https://tulli.fi/en/businesses/import/import-vat

Importing from outside EU would mean any imported products need to have VAT paid. Mobile phones are except of customs fees when importing from outside of EU to Finland. I think you can request tax excemption from the UK but as the product is already paid not sure how it would go. Guess this would be least of our problems if Brexit happens :)

https://tulli.fi/tullilaskuri?current=region&goods-id=74&region-id=3&currency-id=1 (In Finnish tho)

Btw, missed Eriks response earlier, thnx @eskerahn. But if there’s a hard brexit, then things get interesting.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Parhelion
    Parhelion
    Participant
    Replies: 23

Interesting speculation indeed, which incident may occur first – Brexit (possible further delay) or Pro1 delivery…

anyway, if i were to bet, I#d go for Pro1 first. Hopefully.

jason
    DW
    Participant
    Replies: 124

I was thinking UK wise but yes VAT must be paid in the country of sale now.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958