Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    daxxy
    daxxy
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hey,

so I just tried to reply to this topic: https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/design-the-qwertz-layout/page/8/#post-12822

Given the subject, I had to use literal backticks in my post, and the forum software interpreted those as code tags. Tried to fix it by editing the post to use triple-backticks (some markdown parsers let you escape backticks this way), didn’t help. Edited the post again, this time using HTML entities (try to edit a post containing less-than or greater-than characters and that’s how they show up in the editor) – now the post disappeared…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 393

The forum software has a (known) bug that editing a comment multiple times incorrectly triggers the spam-system, as if (almost) the same was posted multiple times. I have ‘unspammed’ it.

Unfortunately I do not know a consistent way of escaping special chars, except writing them as url encode.
    That is an ampersand # the decimal number and a semicolon.
    e.g. [ for [

(I tried to fix the comment with ` – hope this was what you intended)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    daxxy
    daxxy
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Yeah, in fact, that’s exactly what I was trying to do with my last edit (well, I only changed one instance in that, to check if it works). Thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Waxberry
    Waxberry
    Keymaster
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 93

Thanks Eske for the unspamming.

There is indeed a known bug of system automatically mark a normal post as spam. Our Dev is doing best to fix it.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks again for understanding and Eske’s prompt help. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.