Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 392

Well my pre-order number is 8686 so if they went from 1 they are not doing to bad on pre-orders and if the device is solid a lot of them people would back a second device I would expect as well.

Yeah, I too expect to buy at the least one spare.

silversolver
    Jason Bassett
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18

Oh wash your mouth out with soap for speaking such dirty words! :O

*LOL*, Well even if WE want them to make it there is a risk that they find other endeavours to follow.

But I agree that the name is not optimal. Especially the typography Pro¹ over Pro1 is not Google-friendly. I Hope they will adjust that before release, say lower and enlarge the 1 only have it slightly raised and/or in a different colour, so everyone just types it as “Pro1”

I think everyone types it that way anyway. There’s not really any other way to type it in unformatted text. It’s hard to find a name that’s catchy and original these days because so many have already been used. Also, a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet. :)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

There’s not really any other way to type it in unformatted text.

Well there is, Superscript numbers are characters you can find in e.g Windows Character map: Pro¹ .
    Actually just checked again, and it (now) is supported by Google https://www.google.com/search?q=Pro¹ but it does not match Pro1 or vice versa. So you need to remember both in your text if you want to make sure a Google search finds it…

silversolver
    Jason Bassett
    Participant

Well there is, Superscript numbers are characters you can find in e.g Windows Character map

I question how many people use that just to type something into Google. LOL I agree having both present is smart just in case.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

I question how many people use that just to type something into Google. LOL I agree having both present is smart just in case.

Yup, I forgot that in my preview initially, so Googling Pro1 does not find it, though Pro¹ do… *LOL*

silversolver
    Jason Bassett
    Participant

StartPage actually does find it from pro1 although it’s not the top result. So does Google, at least for me.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Noir
    Noir
    Participant
    Replies: 42

Well my pre-order number is 8686 so if they went from 1 they are not doing to bad on pre-orders and if the device is solid a lot of them people would back a second device I would expect as well.

Mine is at 44xx, and I am sure I was one of the first.. In other threads you can read about order numbers 18xxx.. I tried talking to Liangchen about that, but we won’t get any numbers anytime soon, I doubt they started at 0, and I don’t know if single orders always add a +1 to the number, maybe even and ‘add to cart’ counts for this number.
    Again, lots of speculation. I personally would not trust these numbers as they are.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 99

Well there is, Superscript numbers are characters you can find in e.g Windows Character map

I like to think most people are like me, normal, and just type a normal 1 for searching something on google.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

I like to think most people are like me, normal, and just type a normal 1 for searching something on google.

Exactly and hence using Pro¹ is a bad idea, as it is not found when anyone searches for Pro1 – that was the whole point.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 99

Exactly and hence using Pro¹ is a bad idea, as it is not found when anyone searches for Pro1 – that was the whole point.

Some SEO magic could fix that but i guess it’s impossible to expect all reviewers and alike to think of and take this into account. Like meta keywords tag, if google and the likes still respect those.

Waxberry
    Waxberry
    Keymaster
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 93

We are committed to bring Android security update under 90 days, as Android One devices.
    For future update, such as Android Q: We are committed to bring the update whatever we can. However, the actual update will also depend on Qualcomm / Google’s support on the chipset. We hope we can get the support we needed to be able to work on for the next update. We will do our best to get it.

(P.S: There is also Plan B for getting future update)

7 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.