Headphones

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    James.vizo
    James
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

Correct me if I’m wrong but I haven’t seen any mention of the headphones that are supposed to be given out to pre-orders. Has anyone heard any information on them?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant
    Replies: 77

Correct me if I’m wrong but I haven’t seen any mention of the headphones that are supposed to be given out to pre-orders. Has anyone heard any information on them?

Nope, not a thing. Would be dope if they partnered with Ostry Audio and gave us basically the KC06 with a mic.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 155

I actually would prefer the phone without headphones, sure good in-ears would be “dope” (as the young people seem to say =). But good in-ears are pricey. So the included headphones will most likely wander directly to its siblings in my drawer.

MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant

I actually would prefer the phone without headphones, sure good in-ears would be “dope” (as the young people seem to say =). But good in-ears are pricey. So the included headphones will most likely wander directly to its siblings in my drawer.

That’s why I suggested the Ostry. They are good, but still low cost.

My LG G6 came with surprisingly good IEMs too, much better than I would have expected from “tag-along” IEMs for a phone.

In general I do believe people expect to get something with the phone (any phone). Everytime I have bought a phone that doesn’t come with any IEMs, my initial reaction has been “Wow… how cheap can a company be” even if I never expect any good quality IEMs. But perhaps that is just me.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant

That’s why I suggested the Ostry. They are good, but still low cost.

My LG G6 came with surprisingly good IEMs too, much better than I would have expected from “tag-along” IEMs for a phone.

In general I do believe people expect to get something with the phone (any phone). Everytime I have bought a phone that doesn’t come with any IEMs, my initial reaction has been “Wow… how cheap can a company be” even if I never expect any good quality IEMs. But perhaps that is just me.

Interesting. I do not have this reaction. Mostly because the headphones are usually cramped under the phone in the box. I do not need an extra to feel value, but when an extra is needed I would prefer a good case (where a few dollars more could make a HUGE difference) or an sd card.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    storyworks
    Hook
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 88

I agree about the case just from the perspective that a universal item like ear buds are not that important, you can always get them, but a niche phone is going to have trouble attracting case manufacturers and so a case of some quality is of real value.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Replies: 179

If you appreciate good headphones you probably already have your favorite pair… If they are nice-ish IEMs i may end up just throwing them in my bag as my last pairs of free ones are already trashed. However I’m not too surprised nobody asked how will the headphones be, I assume most are like me and pre-order to get the phone in all it’s keyboard-equipped glory as soon as possible :P.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant

If you appreciate good headphones you probably already have your favorite pair… If they are nice-ish IEMs i may end up just throwing them in my bag as my last pairs of free ones are already trashed. However I’m not too surprised nobody asked how will the headphones be, I assume most are like me and pre-order to get the phone in all it’s keyboard-equipped glory as soon as possible :P.

Of course I don’t expect super hi-fi IEMs; thus I didn’t suggest anything from the likes of SHURE or Sennheiser. But I always appreciate the gesture. I think it was Xiaomi that always added a small case and some headphones with even their budget phones. It is just a small gesture of like “we know it is not much, but we want to give you as complete of an experience as possible”. It’s similar to nice packaging; nice packaging of your device doesn’t improve your user experience at all, but it is always nice to see that the company cares about your experience and first impression.

James.vizo
    James
    Participant
    Replies: 7

Well they just tweeted some images of the included headphones.

Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant

So this appeared on the fxtec twitter: https://twitter.com/thefxtec/status/1139467815478542336
    They look like pretty high-end IEMs and the colors remind of a bee or wasp :).

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 647

So this appeared on the fxtec twitter: https://twitter.com/thefxtec/status/1139467815478542336

They look like pretty high-end IEMs and the colors remind of a bee or wasp :).

Nice! I hope they sound as good as they look….
    Though I’m a sucker for active noise cancellation, so will more likely than not keep using my ATH-ANC33iS

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant

Though I’m a sucker for active noise cancellation, so will more likely than not keep using my ATH-ANC33iS

Yeah, really hard decision between free IEMs and audio technicas… xD
    Don’t now that exact Model, but chances are good that the sound of your ATs is better.

michael.bosscha
    Michael Bosscha
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 49

So just to get this straight: all us happy pre-orderers get the case and headphones included in the order, right?

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant

So just to get this straight: all us happy pre-orderers get the case and headphones included in the order, right?

that’s what they promised us yea :)

glumreaper
    Aled Lewis
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 12

I actually would prefer the phone without headphones

Same. I’ve got a load of headphones, and I can’t imagine the free ones will replace my favourites. I’ll be looking to sell the ‘phones unopened if they’re any good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958