Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 75

I don’t like the power button double press as triple press on my phone calls emergency services! done that way to many times (*^^*)

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 393

I don’t like the power button double press as triple press on my phone calls emergency services! done that way to many times (*^^*)

Just took the chance on the pre-production unit, and neither triple nor other multiple press called anyone.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Replies: 75

Just took the chance on the pre-production unit, and neither triple nor other multiple press called anyone.

I imported my phone as it saved me £200,.it’s an Indian variant and is required there apparently :D

silversolver
    Jason Bassett
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18

@waxberry will suggestions still appear, as an extra bar, when the virtual keyboard is hidden?

I have had devices defaulting both ways and have never delved into the settings to try to find out for certain, but I am pretty sure that vanilla android gives you a choice on this.

kontakt
    Benjamin
    Participant
    Replies: 9

@waxberry will suggestions still appear, as an extra bar, when the virtual keyboard is hidden?

I have had devices defaulting both ways and have never delved into the settings to try to find out for certain, but I am pretty sure that vanilla android gives you a choice on this.

I’ve testet with a USB-keyboard:
    Gboard: No keyboard and recommendations, or full keyboard -> fail
    Blackberry Keyboard: Only recommendations in portrait-mode, but full keyboard in horizontal mode -> 1/2 fail?

silversolver
    Jason Bassett
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18

I’ve testet with a USB-keyboard:

Gboard: No keyboard and recommendations, or full keyboard -> fail

Blackberry Keyboard: Only recommendations in portrait-mode, but full keyboard in horizontal mode -> 1/2 fail?

Even on devices which offer the suggestions with the physical keyboard open, I essentially never use them. I find it clunky to leave the physical keyboard to tap a suggestion, and frankly I type fast enough that I don’t get a significant speed improvement from it. I just never found their presence disruptive enough to try to remove them.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 393

Even on devices which offer the suggestions with the physical keyboard open, I essentially never use them. I find it clunky to leave the physical keyboard to tap a suggestion, and frankly I type fast enough that I don’t get a significant speed improvement from it. I just never found their presence disruptive enough to try to remove them.

Well I hope it will be there as an OPTION, as it can help both getting spelling right and, for long words, often the right word is suggested after typing the first few letters, and this can speed up things.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    michael.bosscha
    Michael Bosscha
    Participant
    Replies: 29

As far as suggestions go, I like them being around even though I hardly use them. They’re more of a check in case I’m typing a word wrong.

kontakt
    Benjamin
    Participant
    Replies: 9

On my old phones with physical qwertz-sliders, I’ve used the predictions mostly as a very convenient autocorrect :)
    I somehow never got used to the included autocorrect, as it was either to cumbersome, or often wrong (dual language).

I also feel that its different with a slider vs an external keyboard, as my fingers are much nearer to the screen on a slider.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.