Info on production status

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Erik-FX
    Erik-FX
    Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 45

Hi everyone,

We are sincerely sorry for the delays. We’d like to reassure you that we’re working very hard to finalise all the legal requirements necessary before the device ships. I have reviewed our staff replies, and we have not in any form suggested that we’ll start shipping in November. The first batch of the Pro1 will be on it’s way to our earliest orders in mid-October. We expect the majority, if not all pre-orders, to ship by the end of October.

As some of you hinted, you’ve made a consumer pre-order from a legal UK business. What this means, is that there are laws, in addition to our policies that protect the amount you’ve spent. Although we’d be very sorry to see any of our pre-orders being cancelling at this final stage of our product fulfilment, there are certain laws, including our own refund policy that protect the funds you’ve spent towards the Pro1.

If anyone would like to have a chat with us, feel free to email us directly at [email protected], and someone will get back to you within 1 business day. We will soon send you an email with the latest details on the mass production which has already started.

We appreciate everyone’s trust and patience, and we promise the wait will be worth it! We can’t wait for you to unbox the Pro1 in the coming weeks.

Erik

Krzysieq
    Krzysieq
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 10

Being too cautious to pre-order this phone I’m eagerly waiting for it to start shipping and get some tech websites to review it before I make my decision. However, while the above update is much appreciated, I think what would really put people at ease would be regular updates here on the forum every 2-3 days saying where You guys are in terms of being ready to ship. Something as short and open as say:
    “We’ve got XXXX units waiting to ship in our warehouse, we’re missing this or that certification or piece of paper from that institution or this ministry or whatever. ETA for this paperwork is this or that day”. I know putting numbers out like that is commercially sensitive information, but I’m sure those who pre-ordered would really appreciate knowing where they are in the queue. Two sentences every two-three days, no more, I’m sure it would make it a lot easier for people to wait. I’m not extremely pressed for a new device, my 3 year old phone still works reasonably well and there’s no serious alternative to the Pro1 anywhere. So I’m happy to wait especially that it hasn’t cost me a penny up to this point, but I understand the frustration of people who forked out 650 EURs behind a promise to get their device in 2-3 weeks time, but after 2 months still got nothing.

9 users thanked author for this post.
    kin9
    kin9
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6

I suggest that you can announce the shipping date as 2020. Then, you can give us a great surprise that the shipping date will be as early as Oct 2019. It is better than mid Sep -> early Oct -> mid Oct-> maybe late Oct. It is annoying and affect our expectation on the product and your responsibility. Anyway, thanks for your reply and we have waited for your reply so hard.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 744

We appreciate everyone’s trust and patience, and we promise the wait will be worth it! We can’t wait for you to unbox the Pro1 in the coming weeks.

Thanks for clearing things up. :)

And as other have pointed out post like the one you just made is greatly appreciated, and if some unforeseen events should change this plan (let’s hope not), then please let us know with a small post.

It is like when people are getting late to a dinner, it is much better to send a message when you know you are not going to make it on time, than when you were supposed to arrive. As I usually say to my friends. “The time you should have left the building, but didn’t, you know you are going to be late”. And you can even send a new message when you actually leave, as you then have a fairly good new ETA. I always do that when I’m delayed.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    michael.bosscha
    Michael Bosscha
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 67

Hooray official word! In my defence, my “mid-November” response came from a guestimation while reviewing what you guys said about maybe not being able to deliver on time past the first batch, and taking into consideration shipping time. I thought I made that clear, but it is now evident that people took the “I think this sounds reasonable” and took it as WE WON’T GET OUR HANDSETS BEFORE NOVEMBER. For that I am really sorry.

That being said: really looking forward to unboxing this beauty! Girlfriend will have to entertain herself that day ;-)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    zielinski0michal
    3zet
    Participant
    Replies: 7

The first batch of the Pro1 will be on it’s way to our earliest orders in mid-October. We expect the majority, if not all pre-orders, to ship by the end of October.

You’re kidding me, right? The problem is I spend my money because you guys, as company PROMISED to ship device in 2-3 weeks after paying for preorder, when devices was not even produced. Even better! There was no even certification! I’m curious what would happen in a situation when device wasn’t receive certification and company will need to redesign it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Jhonny B
    Jhonny B
    Participant
    Replies: 14

Thanks ErikFx for finally giving some updates.
    But this update doesn’t look that promising.
    As you said most pre orders will be sent by end of october, and if i am the one not in those most then i will be getting it in november or if i do.
    so its coming to the same point, maybe november.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 744

Thanks ErikFx for finally giving some updates.

But this update doesn’t look that promising.

As you said most pre orders will be sent by end of october, and if i am the one not in those most then i will be getting it in november or if i do.

so its coming to the same point, maybe november.

It says

The first batch of the Pro1 will be on it’s way to our earliest orders in mid-October. We expect the majority, if not all pre-orders, to ship by the end of October.

note the “if not all“. I read that as they hope all pre-orders will ship in October. But sure you can choose to read that as there is a risk that some might not ship before November. Your choice to see the glass half full or half empty.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Jhonny B
    Jhonny B
    Participant
    Replies: 14

Ok i make a pledge here. Regardless of when my order is shipped, if its start shipping in mid october then i will make an apology to FX team and everyone here in the forum about november.
    But if it gets another delay i will giveup and cancel my order and never return here ever!

gtmaster303
    gtmaster303
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 24

So we are delayed again to mid or late October? Honestly I don’t know what to think of that.
    Will they tell us if we’re in the first or second batch?
    Really hate the obscurity going on, not kidding I feel like a fool right now. Even if it is just another week…

devourer
    Raksura
    Participant
    Replies: 4

I placed my order in April, expecting to have the phone in 4 months.
    In July, you announced a delay of 2 months.
    In September, you announced a delay of 1 month.
    We are now in October, and you are pretty much announcing a delay of half a month.
    Are you guys trying to disprove the Dichotomy Paradox? :o)

4 users thanked author for this post.
    storyworks
    Hook
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 109

I’m puzzled a bit at the level of outrage over delays. Yes, it’s frustrating. And the outrage is fed somewhat by the lack of communication. But we weren’t buying a phone sitting in a warehouse. We paid for a reservation for a new technology product prior to manufacture. The difference between this and crowdfunding is, in part, timescale, but mostly that, when I paid my money, while I knew delivery date was a gamble, I was convinced I had sufficient evidence that the actual production of the device was not a gamble. For even the best planned , best funded project, there will be inevitable unforeseen delays along the way. It is frustrating to wait, but it is not their fault that my Nexus 6p died before they could reach the finish line. (I’m stuck with Moto G6, a meh-phone I picked up from Google Fi for $99 to get me through).

The Pro 1 will come. Of that, I am sure. I hate the wait, but I am pretty sure the F(X) people aren’t fucking with me and I am going to be deliriously happy with what I end up with.

I just wish they would communicate like the OP, to the group, more often.

JMO YMMV

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Gon009
    Gon009
    Participant
    Replies: 33

So we are delayed again to mid or late October? Honestly I don’t know what to think of that.

Will they tell us if we’re in the first or second batch?

Really hate the obscurity going on, not kidding I feel like a fool right now. Even if it is just another week…

…or two weeks if mid-October for them is 3rd week of October.

Also, is first batch production batch or shipping batch? From what was told on maemo forum over a month ago the first batch of production was already almost ready then and was very limited in quantity. It would be disappointing if the first batch said in the post is actually a production batch, probably reserved only to people with the coupon code or who got their payment emails first. Could you clarify, Erik-FX?

And then what, mid-November? Early-December? Late-December? 2020?

anonim001
    anonim001
    Participant
    Replies: 45

I’m puzzled a bit at the level of outrage over delays. Yes, it’s frustrating. And the outrage is fed somewhat by the lack of communication. But we weren’t buying a phone sitting in a warehouse. We paid for a reservation for a new technology product prior to manufacture. The difference between this and crowdfunding is, in part, timescale, but mostly that, when I paid my money, while I knew delivery date was a gamble, I was convinced I had sufficient evidence that the actual production of the device was not a gamble. For even the best planned , best funded project, there will be inevitable unforeseen delays along the way. It is frustrating to wait, but it is not their fault that my Nexus 6p died before they could reach the finish line. (I’m stuck with Moto G6, a meh-phone I picked up from Google Fi for $99 to get me through).

The Pro 1 will come. Of that, I am sure. I hate the wait, but I am pretty sure the F(X) people aren’t fucking with me and I am going to be deliriously happy with what I end up with.

I just wish they would communicate like the OP, to the group, more often.

JMO YMMV

I disagree here. What we paid for is not for some reservation. We were told, that the payment will be required 2-3 weeks before SHIPPING. This means, that the device is ready and will be shipped in a few days after the payment, maybe some more when they’re out of stock and I have to wait a few days more for the new batch to arrive.
    From what we know now, the device was not even certified when we paid. We were simply used instead of a bank as a creditor – they took the money from us for an unfinished product to be able to finish the project. I personally feel lied here. I didn’t agree for this. I wanted to pay for a ready product, not for something in development. They even kept the information about delays as a secret for the time of IFA just for their profit – of the device wasn’t certified yet it’s obvious that they knew earlier about it. That’s just nothing but dishonesty.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    paulconstant
    PC
    Participant
    Replies: 11

I’m cool with people cancelling their orders. The more orders that are cancelled, the sooner I should get my Pro1.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958