Info on production status

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Jhonny B
    Jhonny B
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 14

Didn’t i said earlier that FX team is telling everyone a different story,
    They emailed me yesterday and said we know for the fact that shipping will start in mid october.
    I dont know how people here are justifying them, its not a matter of small or big company or first time project.
    Its about being dishonest. its close to a scam.
    I would say this pro1 is not going to be shipped this year! AND I MENTIONED THAT EARLIER. they will keep doing this.

alex.ruediger
    elvissteinjr
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 47

Just be greatful that you didn’t pre-order the Open Pandora back in the day. That was a really painful experience.

That’s a fun one to mention (and a bit complicated). It was painful, but after the new project lead took over, things got better. He did fulfill all orders he had taken eventually, but that was one of two companies who took orders and the UK one went bust. The first units shipped May 2010 after they took orders in September 2008… if you think about it, that’s shorter than the timespan since I backed the Moto Mod.
    The tight-knit community also collected funds to pay for some of the orders of the company that went bust. Not everyone got theirs, I suppose, but most did.

I got mine in 2011 and still have it. Neat little device. Good with the highly optimized software, but the web got too fat for it.
    I also have a Pyra pre-order. That project’s also on the long end, but I trust them to finish. Over time I also got to know the guy personally and I have no reason not to trust him with the project. You may call me biased now for that, though. I’ve also had the chance to use several revisions of the Pyra over the years. It’s real, if anything.

I have no reason yet to not trust Fx either. But I’m still pretty disappointed in the communication stuff. Though it seems to have gotten better suddenly, as if they got out of some deep sleep, but let’s see how long it lasts.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    peter3
    ynari
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I think you need to bear in mind that Fxtec prototypes are actually out both at tradeshows and being used by a minority of users. At the opposite end of the scale when I kickstarted the Sixense STEM system from a company with a proven track record (at that point) and they never showed anything more than 3D drawings, and the excuses came again and again. I was shocked when I actually got a refund from that.

If Fxtec were trying to scam us, they’d be delaying for more than a couple of weeks (for the very first pre-orders). I’m hoping for a great phone, after all the only keyboard alternatives are Blackberry KEY series, which can’t be rooted.

My Priv is dying fast, though, so I am looking forward to a new phone in late October hopefully!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Tim6263
    Tim6263
    Participant
    Topics: 0

We might as well face facts: many of us most likely will be waiting, for another month … as of Fx email to me, Today: they still have neither confirmed shipping dates or shipping quantities – so basically, they don’t know either when, or how many orders they will be able to fulfil 😪

storyworks
    Hook
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 109

We might as well face facts: many of us most likely will be waiting, for another month … as of Fx email to me, Today: they still have neither confirmed shipping dates or shipping quantities – so basically, they don’t know either when, or how many orders they will be able to fulfil 😪

I’m personally not sure why learning that we will have a new slider keyboard phone in another month doesn’t warrant a happy face. ;) It sure makes me happy.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Siani_8
    Siani_8
    Participant
    Replies: 32

^^^what he said^^^ 💯 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jevans64
    jevans64
    Participant
    Replies: 2

I’m not worried about delays. I’m more worried about Fx not being able to take enough orders to make this a viable business venture. I plunked down $1000 to reserve an Elio back in 2014 and still no car, so waiting a few months for a phone is no big deal. I’ll just have to put up with my outdated MyTouch 4g for another month or two.

Tim6263
    Tim6263
    Participant

I guess I didn’t express where my frustrations really lay, so for that, I am sorry :(
    My issue is not so much the wait, as annoying as this is. What frustrates me most is the lack of communication, to the point of looking devious & deceptive. I understand that unforeseen problems happen. But back in July, pre-order customers were given to expect receipt of our Pro1s by the end of the summer (against previous notice that Fx would only seek payment 2-3 weeks prior to shipping). It must be clear by now that Fx were NOWHERE NEAR production when they took pre-order payment. How can they expect us to believe that they honestly thought they could get: 1. pre-production testing; 2. third party certification; 3. physical production in the factory; 4. shipping to distribution centres; 5. sorting & shipping to customers – all completed in the timescale they published?
    That’s both bad project management and bad customer service, especially keeping valuable pre-order customers in the dark.
    So I await with hope & interest to see if the email promised here: https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/achievements-so-far/#post-38222 arrives; and what information we are given….

windraver
    windraver
    Participant
    Replies: 6

They just posted a video update on status and delivery date!! Its Oct 29!
    https://vimeo.com/364339691

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 196

A video was e-mailed to us! https://vimeo.com/364339691

I have transcribed it for those who can’t see the video or prefer text:

Hi, it’s Adrian, one of the co-founders of F(x)tec. I want to update you on the progress of the Pro1. This is our first launch, and we want to make sure we get it absolutely right. We said we were gonna launch in late summer and Chen and I are extremely disappointed that we haven’t done so. But at the same time we are really proud of what our small team has achieved. As new entrant in the smartphone market we are subject to market conditions like all the other manufacturers. Back in August there were some key components that were in demand by other key players, unfortunately this caused some delays. Following this we had a few unexpected software issues which were found by our beta-testers, thank you guys, which delayed us in submitting the regulatory licenses and software licenses.

So, what’s the latest? [*clack*, casually opens Pro1] The hardware is ready. We started production last month, and whilst we are currently on a break due to the Chinese national holiday we’re ramping up again from the 8th of October. On the software front we’ve submitted the applications to various regulatory and licensing bodies and we’re just waiting for their approval.

We will start shipping to you from the 29th of October. Chen, myself and the team are extremely grateful for your support; to our followers, our pre-order customers and our partners, we wouldn’t be here without you guys. Thank you again, we’re working to make the best device we possibly can.

10 users thanked author for this post.
    ttodd
    Tim Todd
    Participant

I have reviewed our staff replies, and we have not in any form suggested that we’ll start shipping in November. The first batch of the Pro1 will be on it’s way to our earliest orders in mid-October. We expect the majority, if not all pre-orders, to ship by the end of October.
    Erik

Adrian seems to think shipping will not even START until Oct 29th : https://vimeo.com/364339691

So having promised you will collect money 2-3 weeks before delivery, you plan to sit on my money for 3 months – and offer *nothing* as a thank you or an apology :( …And, adding insult to injury, you are now selling to the public at the same price that you gave to your backers.

I still want my ‘phone. But guys, you have handled this *really* badly :/

2 users thanked author for this post.
    cboehm91
    Chris Boehm
    Participant

This video says they’re shipping the devices starting Oct 29

Testdevice
    TeZtdevice
    Participant
    Replies: 54
    windraver
    windraver
    Participant
    Replies: 6

They just posted a video update guys!

fxtec3
    BX
    Participant
    Replies: 10

WebFX posted a video update where Adrian Li Mow Ching says they have some submissions that they’ve made to licensing and regulatory authorities and are waiting for their approval. He also says that they will start shipping on October 29th! No weasel words, nothing, a concrete statement with an exact date! The video is at https://vimeo.com/364339691 for you to watch yourselves.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958