Info on production status

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    ichbinsinaction
    Schattengestalt
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I think the main problems aren’t the unexpected delays, but the missing communication. If something goes wrong, I have to communicate with my customers.

I’m seeing the same with the company I work at. We don’t get informed about production delays, we hear from our customers that our orders don’t get shipped and some orders get changed manually without any communication.
    In my view, transparency is one of the key requirements for companies to survive on a long-term basis.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Testdevice
    TeZtdevice
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 54

A short production update:

2 users thanked author for this post.
    alex.ruediger
    elvissteinjr
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 47

That would be cool if that was an update. These are mostly the same photos as the ones we’ve seen two weeks ago on Chen’s twitter.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 744

That would be cool if that was an update. These are mostly the same photos as the ones we’ve seen two weeks ago on Chen’s twitter.

Well t be more precise two of the images are (crops of) the same, and two are not.

Tim6263
    Tim6263
    Participant
    Replies: 14

I guess we applaud the intent at least, though I agree it’s not really an update. This would be information with dates & quantities. But I can’t say I’m expecting anything much more of this; just hoping for an email notification with order shipping details (just not anytime especially soon…)

alex.ruediger
    elvissteinjr
    Participant
    Replies: 47

I suppose that might be true. Truth is I’d really rather see a bunch of assembled phones in one picture rather than these parts that may as well have just been a different table in the same room at the same point in time.
    Even the pre-production slideshow video from May managed to show a couple of units together. Why not now when they’re supposed to have even more? Are they packaged on the spot? Then show me a bunch of boxes, I’ll even believe you when you say they aren’t empty.

How to put this the right way… I’m not doubting them still, but this is such a non-update. They’ve “ramped up production” a couple of times now and had one unit to show for it so far.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    kashif
    kashif
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 21

I think now all this doesn’t matter because by now we shouldve already had pro1 in our hands. so what i really am interested only is to get the news about its shipped.
    This time FX has assured very much that shipping will be before or by 29th october.
    So lets really hope that we get our orders shipped by 29th october.
    This time i am really hopeful that it will be shipped by 29th october.

PanicBrothers
    PanicBrothers
    Participant
    Replies: 2

This time FX has assured very much that shipping will be before or by 29th october.

FX don’t tell you the year :D :D :D Only a Joke

Hey freaks come down. It is like allways with “Pre-Order” or “Croudfounding”.
    We all and also FX look in the future and it is only a “HOPE” to get it done at this or that day.
    If you don’t have the money for “pre-Order” don’t order.
    It will come or not. Maybe it comes but it’s a piece of crappy shit or nothing works or it comes to you like the full experience you want to have.

FX-tec is not Samsung or Apple. It is a small Team with limited Budget (and I don’t want to know how much private cash and rented cash went in this project) wait and see what you get.
    To get it now later is only a killing from emotions you might have because it is something special but this is really a luxury problem. I guess we all can deal with this problems ;-)
    Regards
    Panic Brothers

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Gon009
    Gon009
    Participant
    Replies: 33

I think now all this doesn’t matter because by now we shouldve already had pro1 in our hands. so what i really am interested only is to get the news about its shipped.

As a pre-order 22###, who got payment email 50 hours after the first info about starting payments, I paid in 3 minutes, I can tell you that fxtec wrote to me that my preorder will be shipped in mid-November. If you aren’t <10000 pre-order or didn’t have the coupon then I guess there’s no chance to get phone shipped before the end of October. If you pre-ordered sometime after everyone already got their emails then maybe it will be shipped before the end of November.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 163

As a pre-order 22###, who got payment email 50 hours after the first info about starting payments, I paid in 3 minutes, I can tell you that fxtec wrote to me that my preorder will be shipped in mid-November. If you aren’t <10000 pre-order or didn’t have the coupon then I guess there’s no chance to get phone shipped before the end of October. If you pre-ordered sometime after everyone already got their emails then maybe it will be shipped before the end of November.

I don’t think this is the case. The second batch should cover most of the phones, and FxTec said that it will be done a week after or so. So it should not make a big impact. But I know the feeling, cancelled my preorder and did a new one because adress change wasn’t possible. Didn’t knew it was relevant for the delivery date… However a week more or less does not hurt me.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

I don’t think this is the case. The second batch should cover most of the phones, and FxTec said that it will be done a week after or so. So it should not make a big impact. But I know the feeling, cancelled my preorder and did a new one because adress change wasn’t possible. Didn’t knew it was relevant for the delivery date… However a week more or less does not hurt me.

If I remember right you are a qwertZ user, and from what Erik wrote earlier we are such a small part of the whole that we are likely to all be included in the first batch.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

This number it’s just wordpress post_id, e.g., there is could be pages, maybe forum threads or tread thread replies before your number, so just do not think there are >22k pre-orders.

What gave you the idea that it should be a wordpress number???

But of course not all pre-orders can be expected to have been paid, so being number #22001 does not mean that there are 22000 paid orders that needs to be handled first.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 163

If I remember right you are a qwertZ user, and from what Erik wrote earlier we are such a small part of the whole that we are likely to all be included in the first batch.

Nope, US-intl all the way. But I can live with an additional week or two.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    gtmaster303
    gtmaster303
    Participant
    Replies: 24

Why even dangle the possibility of the phone shipping out before 10/29?

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Why even dangle the possibility of the phone shipping out before 10/29?

This attitude is beginning to be quite annoying. If you do not want to wait, don’t do pre-orders, but just go to a store and by some fruit-crap or similar….

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958