Is this a real picture, or is it possible?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 647

@eskerahn: What is the stuff that looks like sticky material or tape in the lower left and lower right, to the sides of the keyboard in your pictures?

As I wrote earlier, adhesive remains from a (failed) experiment I did.

Ooo…do you have a link to the post where you discuss the experiment? :-)

Well it was with ‘thinned’ colour as unimportant, in this

david
    david
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 78

@eskerahn: What is the stuff that looks like sticky material or tape in the lower left and lower right, to the sides of the keyboard in your pictures?

As I wrote earlier, adhesive remains from a (failed) experiment I did.

Ooo…do you have a link to the post where you discuss the experiment? :-)

Well it was with ‘thinned’ colour as unimportant, in this

I almost replied back again that I didn’t see any mention of it in the post and then I just happened to see that there was *something* at the very end of the post and was able to read the pale font color after I highlighted it. For anyone else, it says, “(The residues seen in the corners of the keyboard are from an experiment I did, where I forgot to clean up the adhesive, sorry)”. But what was the failed experiment where you used some adhesive on the keyboard?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    internationaltraitor
    doru baleanu
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

who still uses gmail?wtf,,, hop on protonmail

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

who still uses gmail?wtf,,, hop on protonmail

It is not the right forum (nor thread) for discussing that. There is another thread on what apps that benefits from the landscape and keyboard Pro1 here.

Johan Edso
    Johan Edso
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Is this “split screen” meant to be just two separate windows/tabs or can you configure them to follow each other. Meaning, that if you scroll on one side the other one is the continuation, and follows the other. This would be awesome and weighs up for shortage of screen space when scrolling/viewing for instance “news” in landscape.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Is this “split screen” meant to be just two separate windows/tabs or can you configure them to follow each other. Meaning, that if you scroll on one side the other one is the continuation, and follows the other. This would be awesome and weighs up for shortage of screen space when scrolling/viewing for instance “news” in landscape.

AFAIK they are independent.

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 179

It’s a standard Android feature and you can test on any recent phone. They do not follow eachother and afaik you can not have the same app twice alas.

Craig
    Craig
    Participant
    Replies: 105

AFAIK they are independent.

Unless you use two fingers.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Just a hint to everyone:
    Please remember that Alt+Tab task-switching is supported by Android too. This is most often much more efficient than screen-splitting on a phablet.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 104

Just a hint to everyone:

Please remember that Alt+Tab task-switching is supported by Android too. This is most often much more efficient than screen-splitting on a phablet.

Yeah when you use a keyboard and mouse a lot of things work as you expect on a desktop I’ve not done it in ages.

storyworks
    Hook
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 88

By the way, whether the pic being discussed here is real or not, this German video released yesterday, pretty much puts to bed that the split screen usage advertised is quite real! ;-)

https://video.golem.de/handy/23425/fx-tec-pro-1-hands-on.html

2 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

By the way, whether the pic being discussed here is real or not, this German video released yesterday, pretty much puts to bed that the split screen usage advertised is quite real! ;-)

https://video.golem.de/handy/23425/fx-tec-pro-1-hands-on.html

Nice, there are several other new hands on, here those from the last week: out: https://www.google.com/search?q=FX+Tec+Pro+1+-+Hands+on&tbs=qdr:w

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Nice, there are several other new hands on, here those from the last week: out: https://www.google.com/search?q=FX+Tec+Pro+1+-+Hands+on&tbs=qdr:w%5B/quote%5D

…And here is one with a quite good still showing the split screen, and clearly with the new keyboard
    https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2019/09/05/the-fxtec-pro-1-proves-theres-room-for-keyboard-slider-phones-in-2019/

Craig
    Craig
    Participant
    Replies: 105
    3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958