Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 39

Thanks EskeRahn. I wasn’t sure if “The Pro1 will ship with QWERTY…” meant only US QWERTY or other QWERTY layouts too, with other alternate symbols on the keys.

I don’t think they have it quite clear if the German QWERTZ will be offered simultaneously or follows after.

I think you guys missed my post in the other thread yesterday: https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/alternative-layouts/page/9/#post-14634

First batch, by the sound of it, will only be US QWERTY*, with other layouts being shipped out later.

*They only call it “QWERTY”, but I assume it is US layout even if the company is UK based.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 287

Thanks EskeRahn. I wasn’t sure if “The Pro1 will ship with QWERTY…” meant only US QWERTY or other QWERTY layouts too, with other alternate symbols on the keys.

(I do not KNOW that is what is meant, but I ASSUME so – it is not super clear)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant

I’m very surpised that the most demanded layout so far, according to the poll, is the German QWERTZ. I was expecting US QWERTY International to be the leader of the pack, but nope…

The results so far (15 May 2019):

Screenshot-2019-05-15-12.21.58

Attachments:
    doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Replies: 71

I’m very surpised that the most demanded layout so far, according to the poll, is the German QWERTZ. I was expecting US QWERTY International to be the leader of the pack, but nope…

To be comparable you should sum up US and US international. But the Poll is pretty useless at the moment anyway. Only 34 votes so only 13 people voted for the German Layout. That is not enough to measure a trend.

raphaelcno
    raphaelcno
    Participant
    Replies: 34

I think many people just don’t know what the US International QWERTY layout is.

Fx-420px-KB_US-International.svg_

And it’s even more difficult to know how the layout will look on the Pro1 phone.
    Which accented/special characters will actually be printed on the keyboard?
    We have already seen quite many discussions to define the German QWERTZ layout :-)

Attachments:
    MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant

To be comparable you should sum up US and US international. But the Poll is pretty useless at the moment anyway. Only 34 votes so only 13 people voted for the German Layout. That is not enough to measure a trend.

I did, and even so there are more German votes than US. That was the entire point.

Obviously it is not a statistically significant poll yet, but it doesn’t derive from the fact that the result SO FAR, is unexpected (imo).

And yeah it is “useless” now as not enough people vote. I tried to tweet it to Fxtec for them to send it out to their followers, but they don’t seem to care. If you can make it more relevant in some way, please feel free to do so.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Replies: 71

I did, and even so there are more German votes than US. That was the entire point.

Obviously it is not a statistically significant poll yet, but it doesn’t derive from the fact that the result SO FAR, is unexpected (imo).

And yeah it is “useless” now as not enough people vote. I tried to tweet it to Fxtec for them to send it out to their followers, but they don’t seem to care. If you can make it more relevant in some way, please feel free to do so.

Sorry nothing at all against your poll. I am indeed glad you made it. I am just saying, that the 13 votes could be the same very eager person. But at least you can see why they confirmed a German layout.

MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant

Sorry nothing at all against your poll. I am indeed glad you made it. I am just saying, that the 13 votes could be the same very eager person. But at least you can see why they confirmed a German layout.

Yeah makes sense. It just makes me reflect on the odd decisions of the past (like… 8 years ago or so) when phones with physical keyboards could only be found in USA;

My Xperia Pro Mk16i (which I loved so much) died, and I was looking at getting a newer keyboard phone. There were options from both LG, Samsung and Motorola (that I can remember). but for some odd reason, these phones were sold exclusively on the US-market. I still to this day cannot grasp why these phones were only sold to USA and not anywhere else. I doubt Europeans and Asians disliked physical keyboards any less than Americans….

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 287

Yeah makes sense. It just makes me reflect on the odd decisions of the past (like… 8 years ago or so) when phones with physical keyboards could only be found in USA;

My Xperia Pro Mk16i (which I loved so much) died, and I was looking at getting a newer keyboard phone. There were options from both LG, Samsung and Motorola (that I can remember). but for some odd reason, these phones were sold exclusively on the US-market. I still to this day cannot grasp why these phones were only sold to USA and not anywhere else. I doubt Europeans and Asians disliked physical keyboards any less than Americans….

I’m guessing here: If you already see the keyboard you want in the pictures, you might not bother to even open a thread on alternative layouts?

The German QWERTZ thread had been up for quite a while, and this might have wheeled in people with interest in the German keyboard to be active in the forum, ant from here they got to the poll thread…

But just guessing.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.