Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 41

Price is spot on. Be nice if they could reduce it but I doubt they can.

zurvan2
    zurvan2
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

For a V1, this price point is spectacular.

The biggest spec people keep pointing out is the chipset, and CPUs have really been plateauing recently. Battery life is far more important, and it’s great that they are focusing on that.

nbtodd
    asanti
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 8

blubbeh explained well. Some of you have unrealistic expectations (especially with the battery, how much more can you cram in there?)
    Not sure why US customers are being charged sales tax when we’re not taxed for online purchases. Unless the firm has their own facilities in your state, I’ve never, ever seen this happen before. Seems more like an opportunity to milk.

barmas
    barmas
    Participant
    Replies: 1

I’m the only one who disagrees about the price ;-)
    Perhaps you are forgetting that the phone will be in your hands probably by july-august
    Are you aware that in July-August, the specs of Pro1 will be more outdated than now and with €.649, it will be possible to buy three phones with identical processor, display, ram, rom, camera etc except hardware keyboard?
    I think that at that price, it needs an hardware compensation (better battery, ram, IR)

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Replies: 53

But how will you type? Typing on a touchscreen slows me down way more than the lousy mediatek chipset in the phone I own now, so i rate input method as a greater importance then ram etc. And the pro1 is by no means a low specced device, it’ll run nicely. That plus I doubt fxtec could make much of a profit if they made the device cheaper / higher spec.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 291

I agree with Netman here.
    barmas, Remember that sliders are still a niche product, so the production volume is going to be low, so the development cost distributed per unit is MUCH higher than for a device sold in many millions of specimens like say a Samsung S8/9/10.
    …Actually I had expected it to be priced higher for that exact reason….

skkayman
    skkayman
    Participant
    Replies: 5

For a small company and low production volume, the price seems OK – you cannot compare it with OnePlus and others big companies.
    KEY2 costs similar price, it has bad form factor, worst keyboard from all Blackberries I have used (Q10, Classic, Passport), bad keyboard integration, closed android without any possible changes (no root, not possible to unlock bootloader) and as unhappy user of Key2 LE, I can continue for a long time :(.
    And that is reason why I want Pro1 and cannot afford it now, I cannot buy two expensive smartphone during one year. And it would be impossible to sell k2 in my country without loosing a lot of money. (I wish I knew about Pro1 sooner..)

So am I am waiting and hoping that Pro1 sells good and there will be Pro2 and Pro2lite in future (with noncurved screen :) ).

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.