Price          ​           ​ .

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 179

I see your point, but ask yourself this: is the keyboard alone worth 350 dollars?

Absolutely yes, and I am probably paying a chunk of that to get it fast also (as opposed to waiting for a used one or prices to drop). I would also not be buying it otherwise, I am just fine with a 200eur phone if comparing non-keyboard phones. And if it was over 1000eur I might not buy it either, yet I wouldn’t truely be offended.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 77

Usually the preorders pay more and tech lose market value within months if not weeks. I was among the first pre-orders and now I’m not even in the queue. Why should I pay more to get last in line?

I have just reveived some more info about this topic from the info-mail, but I am in the process of asking for proper permission to share it with you on the forum. I also requested that someone from their staff would come in here and try to sort out our “mess” here in the forum and clear up misunderstandings both in this thread and in the Scandinavian Qwerty-thread.

Let’s see what they reply.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Replies: 155

Chen posted a statement to the price increase on the mameo forum:
    http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1559275&postcount=1941

Thanks for all the support, criticise and help on clarification. Much appreciate the support from the community, it’s the power for me to keep things moving.

We are undergoing for the first batch of production which will be finished shortly, but it’s very limited in quantity. (I am sorry again to some people that we are not a massive entity that can afford a huge amount of first shipment) And meanwhile we are working on our second batch, which has also started. Please do bear in mind that in general, production including sourcing needs to be started 3-4 month before shipping. We are trying our best to reduce the gap for the following shipment. (And I am sure there will be more complaints from some that the waiting time is too long, in a bit of time. This is what we are trying to work out)

Unfortunately, since a few month ago, global and local politics are moving to a direction that is being very difficult to our little business. Trade war causing huge problems on sourcing components and shipping; Brexit and Sterling dropping into a stupidly low level; and there are a few extra license cost which we were not aware of at the beginning (can’t disclose details publically) which also added a lot on individual cost. The price adjustment is a hard decision based on all the factors above. It more of making us survive, rather than making revenue. We always wanted to lower the price as much as possible so more users can get a chance to use the product, but there are cases that we cannot control.

However, that’s said for all the pre-orders it would remain same as we promised if users pay on time. And once the situation of politics gets stabilised we will do the best to lower the price as much as we can.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant
    Replies: 77

Great news everyone! I got permission to share the conversation I’ve had with the team from FxTec here with you guys. Since the conversation is both about the pre-order pricing and about the Scandinavian keyboard I will post this same message in both threads, so sorry for the spam.

This provides some very much needed information, and clears up a lot of things and misconceptions in regards to when and how we are supposed to pay and if a SCANDI keyboard is in works or not. Enjoy the read! :D

1-1

2-1

3-1

4-1

Attachments:
    5 users thanked author for this post.
    SHiSH
    SHiSH
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Today price moved from 650 EUR to 778 EUR.
    Can someone explain what happened?
    At this price I have doubts that I will buy it.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 647

Moved your post in here, see previous in this thread on the end of the initial discount.

AnnieC
    AnnieC
    Participant
    Replies: 9

While I understand the reasons for the price increase, I’m really sad. I felt that I cannot even justify spending 650 EUR on a phone so I did not pre-order and now it costs 20% more. See you next year. I just hope the battery in my MotoZ lasts that long.

vlycop
    vlycop
    Participant
    Replies: 21

Does that mean the 650 prices make them lost money on the sell ? I meam i wouldn’t have bought it for over 700, but i need that company to stay afloat if i want update and replacement part

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Does that mean the 650 prices make them lost money on the sell ? I meam i wouldn’t have bought it for over 700, but i need that company to stay afloat if i want update and replacement part

Well hard to know their reasons exactly, but COULD be a combination of several things. My guesses would be
    1) An investment with a lower initial price to get the whole project off the ground, as most crowd-funded projects do too.
    2) The pre-orders accumulate to a larger batch, that gives them a better unit price than when ordering small batches to fulfil later orders, as I doubt they have the capital to invest in a huge stock.
    3) Caution for any Brexit-effects.
    And I bet there are more to the list…

DieBruine
    DieBruine
    Participant
    Replies: 7

To be honest I just assumed any increase in price would have to do with Brexit and tensions between USA and PRC. Both are on the news regularly.

And while I agree the price increase is pretty steep, try to realize. Who in their sane mind would do such a thing were it not absolutely necessary!?

Blame Boris & Trump, BT 1.0.

I honestly feel bad for those who were unable to pre-order or day in time.
    For this who were negligent, don’t hash out on FxTec. Keep your dignity.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    nidajeny
    nidajeny
    Participant
    Replies: 31

I’m out! Order a note10+ instead.

All the best to FX team.

vlycop
    vlycop
    Participant
    Replies: 21

All the best to FX team.

I feel like if you can “live” with a note 10, you are not the audience for thia phone. It is niche, but it fulfil need no other manufacturers seam to care about. They are all more after what will look cool and not what is usefull.
    But i understand dropping out because of the price.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

I feel like if you can “live” with a note 10, you are not the audience for thia phone.

Everyone have a limit for what the increased productive of a real keyboard is worth in cool cash. And who are any of us to judge others limits??

If a person had considered it at another price, they are clearly in the target audience of the device.

In my book target audience is defined be the personal usage patterns weighing of the pros of a real keyboard [EDIT: Plus repairability, open bootloader et cetera] versus the cons of the increased size and lacking features.
    To some a pen may be a huge benefit, to others not. e.g.

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Replies: 179

Slow down everyone! http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1559923&postcount=2209

VaZso
    VaZso
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 73

All the best to FX team.

All the best to FX team.

I feel like if you can “live” with a note 10, you are not the audience for thia phone. It is niche, but it fulfil need no other manufacturers seam to care about. They are all more after what will look cool and not what is usefull.

But i understand dropping out because of the price.

Liangchen Chen has confirmed here that the price increase to 778 EUR was caused by an error, it should have been 649 EUR by now.
    It will be fixed soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958