Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stevenhanagan
    stevenhanagan
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Im from the US, I’m trying to pre-order and they sent an email with a confirmation #, but no payment of $30 was required. Did anyone else get this notification? Are they sold out???

stevenhanagan
    stevenhanagan
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Im from the US, I’m trying to pre-order and they sent an email with a confirmation #, but no payment of $30 was required. Did anyone else get this notification? Are they sold out?????

Noir
    Noir
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 27

stevenhanagan,

there is no pre-payment needed currently, if you read closely, as a bonus for pre-ordering you get some acessories worth 30$ on top of the device. Your payment information will be requested as soon as the shipments can be prepared.
    You can check the status of your pre-order here: My Account/pre-orders. They are not sold out.

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Replies: 53

As said in the other thread, you don’t need to pay anything yet and the $30 is the value of free case and earphone given extra for everyone who pre-ordered. Payment info will be requested only when shipments are about to start.

michael.bosscha
    Michael Bosscha
    Participant
    Replies: 9

What’s probably going on is that they’re gauging interest for the device before ramping up production, but in such a way that people who followed the Livermorium debacle don’t feel like they’re throwing money down a drain. I quite applaud this approach.

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Replies: 53

Yeah, it’s a great idea. I’ve never pre-ordered anything before this in my life because trust issues, but the way fxtec handles it convinced me.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 291

I’m with you guys on this, a very nice and decent approach to test the interest to know the scale of the production needed, and then not requesting the money before everything are ready for ordering.

I hope it does not mean that they only produce the pre-ordered numbers, as I’m sure that when we flash the devices in real life, we will make more people interested, and I for one could consider buying one or two as a spare also, but would like to have actually had the device in my hands before ordering additional specimens. And others might feel the same way.

jason
    DW
    Participant
    Replies: 41

The pre-order process is spot on. I pre-ordered the other day because they didn’t ask anythin upfront. I wouldn’t of otherwise as they are a new company.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.