Project status ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Waxberry
    Waxberry
    Keymaster
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 96

Somebody which can should rename this thread to something like “Project status” to not scare of possible pre-orders.

@eskerahn ? @waxberry

Thanks! It has been done.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    michael.bosscha
    Michael Bosscha
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 67

In the meantime we are also preparing for the next hands on event elsewhere.

Oh? That’s great news! Mainland Europe, by chance? That’d make it way easier at least for me to attend :-D

2 users thanked author for this post.
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Replies: 124

Oh? That’s great news! Mainland Europe, by chance? That’d make it way easier at least for me to attend :-D

Yeah any clues where :D

Swond
    Swond
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 46

Yeah any clues where :D

I can reccomend Prague for example. It is in the middle of Europe, is it such a nice city with rich history and wonderfull sights! And for beer enthusiasms there is a nice beer for reasonable price. :) But.. Thats just to have some thoughs meanwhile :)

Craig
    Craig
    Participant
    Replies: 126

summer is already here

Officially we’ve still got a couple days until Summer, first day is Friday June 21st.

So I’m hoping the change from July to Summer means they’re about to ship :;

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jason DW
    Tim6263
    Tim6263
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 14

My reading of Waxberry, “focusing on improving…”; “doing a lot of test”; “improving firmware”; etc. would be there is still a fair bit of development work to do. They are NOT ready to fulfil orders; Don’t hold your breath for imminent shipment..!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    michael.bosscha
    Michael Bosscha
    Participant
    Replies: 67

My reading of Waxberry, “focusing on improving…”; “doing a lot of test”; “improving firmware”; etc. would be there is still a fair bit of development work to do. They are NOT ready to fulfil orders; Don’t hold your breath for imminent shipment..!

And there’s no shame in that. Look at Samsung and their Fold debacle. I’d rather have FX does their homework good instead of fast…

7 users thanked author for this post.
    sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Replies: 196

And there’s no shame in that. Look at Samsung and their Fold debacle. I’d rather have FX does their homework good instead of fast…

It’s also pretty much expected, even if they are on schedule to release at the end of next month there will be crazy amounts of work for a small startup. Once they actually release the device the work that went into it will be much more important then communications at this time, so I defintely agree on the homework :).

kashif
    kashif
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 21

Its bit disappointing that now there is no mention of when it will be released.
    Now they are still talking about working on hardware and then talking about these future events going on. so to me it looks like this device will not be available at least anytime this year.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 744

Its bit disappointing that now there is no mention of when it will be released.

Now they are still talking about working on hardware and then talking about these future events going on. so to me it looks like this device will not be available at least anytime this year.

Hmm they have changed to “Shipping globally is estimated to be summer 2019” (was “July” earlier) on the pre-order page, so why do you assume it will not be 2019????

7 users thanked author for this post.
    xj04
    xj04
    Participant
    Replies: 2

Now that I can finally register to this forum (couldn’t when it first became available and the register link is still buggy), I have to say I’m pretty disappointed so far. I’ve asked on their Instagram page for status updates or anything and no one ever responds. I haven’t heard anything about a release date change until this. I pre-ordered it but I’m having my doubts now that it will ship this year. My current phone is already super problematic (Pixel gen 1 refurb) and I’ve been holding out for the Pro1. It would be nice if someone would make an official statement on the expected release date. At least narrow it down to a month.

storyworks
    Hook
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 109

Now that I can finally register to this forum (couldn’t when it first became available and the register link is still buggy), I have to say I’m pretty disappointed so far. I’ve asked on their Instagram page for status updates or anything and no one ever responds. I haven’t heard anything about a release date change until this. I pre-ordered it but I’m having my doubts now that it will ship this year. My current phone is already super problematic (Pixel gen 1 refurb) and I’ve been holding out for the Pro1. It would be nice if someone would make an official statement on the expected release date. At least narrow it down to a month.

I understand the concern with the dying phone, but I’m not sure why people (this is the second post to do so) are concluding in late June that the phone won’t be ready until next year. They only changed their delivery date from July to Summer. That gives them until 20 September. I think software and hardware refinements and integration are hard to nail down to a specific month, but I think it’s too early to make such a dire prediction. I do agree that communication is lacking but I believe they are working hard and they haven’t asked me for any money so I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They are a small group and they don’t have anyone to specifically manage their communications and social media.

My phone is also failing, a Nexus 6p with a failing battery and which, just over the past few weeks, has developed the spontaneous shutdown problem. So I ordered a $99 Moto G6 from Google Fi (I’ll no doubt cancel Fi in a few days and put the G6 on Verizon). It isn’t a great phone, but it will do most of the things I want to do and I can live with it as an interim phone and, later, a back-up phone. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed I don’t need it more than a month or two. Or three. ;-)

4 users thanked author for this post.
    xj04
    xj04
    Participant
    Replies: 2

I understand the concern with the dying phone, but I’m not sure why people (this is the second post to do so) are concluding in late June that the phone won’t be ready until next year. They only changed their delivery date from July to Summer.

I think the concern is that like a lot of other projects that have been similar (kickstart usually) people have been burned. A release date becomes a release month, then a release year, then it just disappears. Luckily they didn’t request money. Had they I wouldn’t have “pre-ordered” it and would’ve just waited to see it in the wild.

While I agree that they are a small group, they need to do a little more then just change the date on a website and not tell anyone officially. It’s fine that slips happen and I get it. But not releasing an official statement causes posts such as these leading to speculation.

Thanks for responding and hopefully this is all for nothing :)

jason
    DW
    Participant
    Replies: 124

I think your saying “No communication is bad communication”

silversolver
    Jason Bassett
    Participant
    Replies: 18

I understand the concern with the dying phone, but I’m not sure why people (this is the second post to do so) are concluding in late June that the phone won’t be ready until next year. They only changed their delivery date from July to Summer.

I think the concern is that like a lot of other projects that have been similar (kickstart usually) people have been burned. A release date becomes a release month, then a release year, then it just disappears. Luckily they didn’t request money. Had they I wouldn’t have “pre-ordered” it and would’ve just waited to see it in the wild.

While I agree that they are a small group, they need to do a little more then just change the date on a website and not tell anyone officially. It’s fine that slips happen and I get it. But not releasing an official statement causes posts such as these leading to speculation.

Thanks for responding and hopefully this is all for nothing :)

We’re dealing with engineers and software developers, not PR people. Let them do what they do and quit ragging on them for not making enough noise. LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958