Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    VaZso
    VaZso
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 30

Well as software still at Beta levels, strange things can happen, however unlikey…

You are right. Strange things may happen which is normal at beta stage.
    It is important to have most of the problems vanished at launch time to give the highest possible satisfaction for the first users which is necessary to get the highest reputation, thus, higher number of orders later.

That is why beta testing is a good idea.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 110

Well as software still at Beta levels, strange things can happen, however unlikely they may seem…

Calls interrupted, lacking notification on calls/mails/sms/… or the other way round Sound could go off when it is supposed to be silent.

It might seem like a mail or sms is sent though it is not. Files you download or creates, can get lost or tampered… Contacts lost.

An update can mess it up completely until the next update, leaving you with a useless device in the meantime.

…Well only the fantasy set the limits. Not that any of this is very likely, but you should have a back-up device to be sure you can do important stuff when needed.

So sounds like a normal windows 10 update and most supplier-versions of android…
    I still remember the time I had a phone which worked all the time, it was a N900 with maemo 5 on it (fantastic OS, unfortunately marketing beats quality).
    But you are right, a backup may save some nerves. Imagine having to ride a train for an hour and your phone does not allow you to stream a movie.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    anonim001
    anonim001
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 11

I did not get any e-mail :/ last ones came to me without problems, I checked in spam and it is not there too… I feel omitted :( or are maybe it does not apply for preorders from Poland?

sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 99

I did not get any e-mail :/ last ones came to me without problems, I checked in spam and it is not there too… I feel omitted :( or are maybe it does not apply for preorders from Poland?

I’m fairly sure the mail is for everyone, checked junk folder? If you drop me a line here I can forward you the one I received (I don’t want to post my e-mail address straightforwardly because spam).

2 users thanked author for this post.
    anonim001
    anonim001
    Participant
    Replies: 11

Just checked in my other folders and it was in… Deleted! Damn Outlook, moved it on its own. So if someone else is using Outlook and did not get the e-mail, check the “Deleted” folder.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    ttodd
    Tim Todd
    Participant
    Replies: 1

A newsletter just landed in my mailbox! And it reads: “Once we have the confirmed shipping date, we will be requesting payment for the Pro1 you have pre-ordered. We anticipate that payment will be requested at the end of July, ahead of an expected shipment date in early September.” :).

https://www.fxtec.com/product/fxtec-pro1-pre-order/
    “…we will not be asking for any payment details until 2-3 weeks prior to shipping”

Newsletter
    “…that payment will be requested at the end of July, ahead of an expected shipment date in early September.”

These numbers do not tally; early September is at least 6 weeks away from the end of July!?

Also… Why no share the cause of the delay? …People are (almost) invariably more confident in a transparent company. :)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    storyworks
    Hook
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 43

A newsletter just landed in my mailbox! And it reads: “Once we have the confirmed shipping date, we will be requesting payment for the Pro1 you have pre-ordered. We anticipate that payment will be requested at the end of July, ahead of an expected shipment date in early September.” :).

https://www.fxtec.com/product/fxtec-pro1-pre-order/

“…we will not be asking for any payment details until 2-3 weeks prior to shipping”

Newsletter

“…that payment will be requested at the end of July, ahead of an expected shipment date in early September.”

These numbers do not tally; early September is at least 6 weeks away from the end of July!?

Also… Why no share the cause of the delay? …People are (almost) invariably more confident in a transparent company. :)

No, early September can be as few as 4 weeks (give or take a couple of dangling days) from the end of July. ;) Look, the original was written at the beginning of the year as what they were hoping for at a point where they really couldn’t make accurate projections. Even with this new estimation, they have rightly qualified it with “anticipate” and “expected.” I am confident they are going to get them out as soon as they can with the quality they want. I’m also sure they won’t ask for money until they are sure on the delivery, whether it’s 3 weeks or 6 weeks. As long as they keep me updated on the timetable, that seems good to me. YMMV

7 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.