Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 530

I am confused about shipping. Is that quoted ~10 USD charged for international shipping to me, or domestic shipping from a US-based fulfillment center? The email I received makes it sound like $706.78 is my final cost?? I am in California.

$10 in shipping… Lucky you, I was charged €24 (~$27) to Denmark…. :-o

See Erik’s post earlier, they send to US-customers from a “Fulfilment centre” in the US.

vitaliysemenko
    ddark-il
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 13

$40 to Israel :(
    And it would be more than $100 taxes..

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

The https://www.fxtec.com/contact/ form is only an mailto: link so it just bounces as undeliverable after 5 days.

It sounds to me like you might be sending from a mail-server that does not present itself in a proper way to the receiving server. A guess could be “Helo Reject”
    Personally I have had issues like that where benign incoming mails where rejected by my hosting provider’s spam server.
    If might be that the fxtec mail-server got a strict setup too.
    Try to send from a different mail-server, e.g. a gmail account, to check that it goes through.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Siani_8
    Siani_8
    Participant
    Replies: 18

I couldn’t find the option for the “I want this phone NOW” tax.

VaZso
    VaZso
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 55

I did contact Fxtec via the contact form but my last two messages were never answered so I’m hoping this time there will be a quick answer.

For me, they even have not received my e-mail about being a Beta tester, so I have completely missed that option – even not received any reply about refused message. I bet their mail server treated my e-mail (sent through my ISP’s official mail server) as SPAM and took over the message but has instantly destroyed it.

Try to send your message from a “trusted” e-mail provider’s own system, it may help reaching them.
    I mean send it from Gmail’s or Yahoo’s web interface for example.

Me too (Hungary).

It sounds to me like you might be sending from a mail-server that does not present itself in a proper way to the receiving server. A guess could be “Helo Reject”

…or the sending server’s IP address is excluded from the permitted IP range or is currently listed in one of the black lists or the specific IP address is not “resolving” to the sending domain name or too many e-mails arrived from that direction, etc…

galaxy
    Dmitry Khlebnikov
    Participant
    Replies: 2

I am also desperately waiting for the PayPal option to get back in as a payment option. My reasons are different though. I tried to pay with my Australian Mastercard Gold and the transaction was declined on the site. I was dumb enough to try two more times the same day and as the result my bank considered that being a fraudulent activity and cancelled my card. Now, my wife is really pissed off since it was the only card she had access to. So, I am not brave enough to risk losing the brand new card I am about to receive as a replacement.

My communication with FxTec suggests that we should expect the PayPal option to re-appear next week or a week after that. I am happy to pay 3.6% PayPal fee on top of the order if it helps to bring PayPal option back faster.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    opel.tobias
    Kabbone
    Participant
    Replies: 10

I get a payment-notification, but I can’t complete my payment, because both of my VISA-cards was declined by the payment-process…

Anyone else get tha issue?

The cards are valid, not expired, limit is above 1k€, end so on. I even used one card today at the local food store…

Sorry to hear there’s payment issues.

Please ensure the name on your card matches the name you have set on your F(x)tec profile. For example, if the name on your card is “J DOE”, you should set the name on your profile as “J DOE”. This seems to be happening to a very limited number of cards with this special protection enabled.

Erik

My credit card got declined like many others, but I think the problem could be because of what you mentioned. The problem is, the order seems not to be connected to my account, because I can’t see it in pre orders or orders. Whom do I have to write?

So I also sent it via the contact option but didn’t get an answer, so I hope someone could look into it

alex.ruediger
    elvissteinjr
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 32

I don’t think PayPal will return too soon. There’s just a fundamental problem with this and their policies, see https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-permit-transactions-for-pre-sale-items-faq1488 (I’d quote this but I’m afraid of the forum software doing unpredictable stuff again… can’t wait for having a preview thing)

So unless Fxtec knows they can ship within 20 days, they are technically not allowed to take pre-orders via PayPal. Now don’t tell me others still do that just fine, I know. This is just what could be behind this. And if not, I’d advise caution, as PayPal likes to freeze money when not abiding by their policies.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Flateric
    Juergen Berkenkopf
    Participant
    Replies: 4

I don’t think PayPal will return too soon. There’s just a fundamental problem with this and their policies, see https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/does-paypal-permit-transactions-for-pre-sale-items-faq1488 (I’d quote this but I’m afraid of the forum software doing unpredictable stuff again… can’t wait for having a preview thing)

So unless Fxtec knows they can ship within 20 days, they are technically not allowed to take pre-orders via PayPal. Now don’t tell me others still do that just fine, I know. This is just what could be behind this. And if not, I’d advise caution, as PayPal likes to freeze money when not abiding by their policies.

This seems to be true. I asked for an alternative payment method last week and up to now i received no answer.
    People like me without a credit card are probably out of the game. Maybe we will have to wait for other distribution ways (Amazon, ebay).

storyworks
    Hook
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 62

I am also desperately waiting for the PayPal option to get back in as a payment option. My reasons are different though. I tried to pay with my Australian Mastercard Gold and the transaction was declined on the site. I was dumb enough to try two more times the same day and as the result my bank considered that being a fraudulent activity and cancelled my card. Now, my wife is really pissed off since it was the only card she had access to. So, I am not brave enough to risk losing the brand new card I am about to receive as a replacement.

My communication with FxTec suggests that we should expect the PayPal option to re-appear next week or a week after that. I am happy to pay 3.6% PayPal fee on top of the order if it helps to bring PayPal option back faster.

This happened to me (and many others), but I was able to talk to the Fraud division at my bank and they unblocked the card and I was able to put the transaction through because they then knew what it was. Did you contact the issuing bank?

opel.tobias
    Kabbone
    Participant

Actually I feel a bit abandoned by Fxtex. No one replies to mails over the contact option, neither does one in here.
    It kind of matters that you pay the phone as soon as possible, but if something in their system doesn’t work, nobody reacts.
    I understand that right now there is probably a lot of work, but no response even after a week seems a bit odd to me.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Actually I feel a bit abandoned by Fxtex. No one replies to mails over the contact option, neither does one in here.

It kind of matters that you pay the phone as soon as possible, but if something in their system doesn’t work, nobody reacts.

I understand that right now there is probably a lot of work, but no response even after a week seems a bit odd to me.

Have you tried sending a mail from a different account? Worth a try. But I’m sure they are VERY busy, much less responsive to my mails too.

opel.tobias
    Kabbone
    Participant

no, I didn’t try another account. The problem could already be related to the fact, that the order isn’t connected to my account and another account would perhaps make it even further confusing.

michael.bosscha
    Michael Bosscha
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 38

Such a nice reminder mail about the phone reaching production status. But no PayPal means no money from me to them I’m afraid…

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Such a nice reminder mail about the phone reaching production status. But no PayPal means no money from me to them I’m afraid…

Well as they are not ALLOWED by PayPal to get preorders paid, they can not yet (See previous).

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.