Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 71

The interesting part starts at 37:15

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 291

Sorry for being inaccurate… ;-p

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant

Upps, didn’t saw that, was to greedy to jump to the video. Could have saved me 37 minutes.
    Sorry and thank you for posting the timestamp.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

Upps, didn’t saw that, was to greedy to jump to the video. Could have saved me 37 minutes.

Sorry and thank you for posting the timestamp.

Ha ha, just teasing. Actually added the line a few minutes after the original post, so you might well have seen the original :)

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant

Ha ha, just teasing. Actually added the line a few minutes after the original post, so you might well have seen the original :)

ya sneaky bastard =D

Claimmore
    Claimmore
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi, I noticed that at about 37:53,
    one of the developers says that one of the biggest inspiration comes from the Nokia E90. Later on, the same person says that they tried to replicate that hinge mechanism?

Doesn’t he mean the Nokia E9 instead of the E90, or are my ears hearing wrong?

As I am from Finland and English isn’t my mother language, I can be wrong too.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant

What do you guys think?
    Overall it makes a solid impression on me.
    The feel of the keyboard seems to be really good, at least we got told so.

Negative Points for me are:
    – A little bit slow in the change between portrait and landscape view (minor issue, may will be optimized software-wise).
    – Camera seems to stand out a little bit (see picture).
    – The back cover seems to save every fingerprint forever, it is already pretty greasy in the video (second image). But this could be a pure studio-lightning problem.
    – I wasn’t able to get a usable picture, but there seems to be a little gouge above the camera. It is also in the picture here (https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/what-do-you-think-of-the-latest-pro%c2%b9-back-case/) any idea what it could be? destroys the sleek look a little bit

Attachments:
    Craig
    Craig
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

Very cool.

I agree it looks quite slow switching between landscape portrait. And I know from experience with PQ I’ll often be browsing something in portrait one-handed then get to a field I need to type something and thus slide out the keyboard, enter what I need, then switch back to portrait…

Would have been good to know about this in advance, they allow in-studio audience, and I live relatively close…

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

I agree it looks quite slow switching between landscape portrait

Remember this is still early, and software far from optimized.

BUT in android they got a delay on the autorotate, and only after this the delay it rotates. (Try any device with a decent app supporting landscape)

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

– Camera seems to stand out a little bit (see picture).

I do not know if this is the final design, but currently the ‘protrusion’ seems to be about 1/64 inch or 0.4mm

MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant
    Replies: 39

If they could get a license agreement for an official dbrand skin it would solve two issues: it would counter the fatty fingers marks, and it would probably reduce/counter any wobble from the small camera bump.

I really hope for dbrand, since a traditional case might be difficult for this slider-form factor.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant

If they could get a license agreement for an official dbrand skin it would solve two issues: it would counter the fatty fingers marks, and it would probably reduce/counter any wobble from the small camera bump.

I really hope for dbrand, since a traditional case might be difficult for this slider-form factor.

Then submit a Request on the website:
    https://dbrand.com/contact
    I did.

MortisAngelus
    MortisAngelus
    Participant
    Replies: 39

Then submit a Request on the website:

https://dbrand.com/contact

I did.

I did that for the Nokia 9 PureView. No acknowledgement from dbrand about my request.

I do, however, believe (educated guess) it is fxtec that needs to form a proper license agreement with dbrand, not something we can really affect – especially since fxtec is such a small brand. dbrand won’t reach out to them, unlike with perhaps Samsung, Apple, Huawei, LG and OnePlus etc. as it would be bad for dbrand not to partner with such big companies.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

A back skin would be a nice alternative to a case. No matter the brand.
    Preferably one with a little more grib than the smooth metal back.
    Cleverly it is NOT a back rounding smoothly into the side though, it has an edge that improves the grip (got my hands on a pre-production unit)
    I tried to make a sketch:

Pro1BackEdge_Sketch

Attachments:
    sic_zer0
    netman
    Participant
    Replies: 53

Wow you so lucky to get to see one already :)! Are you at liberty to tell us more? How does it feel to type on?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.