Sticky modifiers

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    michael.bosscha
    Michael Bosscha
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 49

TBH I don’t want sticky modifiers I use 2 hands on hardware keyboard phones

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t pressing shift/alt once and then pressing the key you want to get the desired symbol also a sticky? Because I still type faster that way instead of reminding myself I need to press left and then use my right hand to get the symbol, and another symbol requires me to turn it around. I would not be happy with such a solution…

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 647

TBH I don’t want sticky modifiers I use 2 hands on hardware keyboard phones

The only place I in ‘normal’ usage missed the sticky is to do Alt+Tab. Currently I just let go the double hand grip with the right hand somewhat for that. But I hope that YellowArrow+Tab is going to be a double for that somehow.

Craig
    Craig
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 105

Out of curiosity, why would anyone want to disable sticky modifiers, if given a choice. It doesn’t stop you from pressing both keys at once, just makes it so you don’t have to if you dont want to…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 104

I would use the keyboard like a normal pc keyboard. I have a keyone at the moment and I miss-type all the type because of the behaviour of the modifier keys I always automatically press both and then the key remains on for the next key press, so I would prefer to turn them off.

But it’s not a problem as they haven’t added sticky option yet but when they do I wish to be able to choose to use it :)

vlycop
    vlycop
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 21

I would use the keyboard like a normal pc keyboard. I have a keyone at the moment and I miss-type all the type because of the behaviour of the modifier keys I always automatically press both and then the key remains on for the next key press, so I would prefer to turn them off.

But it’s not a problem as they haven’t added sticky option yet but when they do I wish to be able to choose to use it :)

That is a bad implement, a sticky key should only stay on for one key, it’s not a caps lock. So if you press both, it should go back off immediately, that how mine have always work, and that way it doesn’t impact people who don’t use it.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 647

That is a bad implement, a sticky key should only stay on for one key, it’s not a caps lock. So if you press both, it should go back off immediately, that how mine have always work, and that way it doesn’t impact people who don’t use it.

By the test I have done on the early unit the two pairs of Sift and Ctrl, seems wired in parallel, but the two YellowArrows seems like somewhat indepedant, though deeply tied sending same keycode (by looking on what happens to make and break codes when more than one key is pressed at the time)

But actually android got independent keycodes prepared for right and left versions for those https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent

So it could be the sticky software that might or might not handle some pairing of different codes… as cancelling or not cancelling each other.

But from what I have seen, this will NOT be an issue for Ctrl and Shift on the Pro1, as they are handled as one.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958