Tasker

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jtmurdo
    SirBaconIII
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 12

Hi all.
    I enjoy automation, and use Tasker for most of my phone automation. I’m already salivating just thinking about everything i can do with a slider and a full keyboard. I just kind of wanted to drop this thread here for people to share their ideas and any tasks they made. For example, I’m already thinking of a task that will close messages and lock my phone when I slide the phone down while in messages, just to bring back the UX I had with my older flip phone. I just hope there’s some way to get Tasker to recognize opening and closing the slide.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 646

I do not know if there is an event in standard Android Pie on this, that gets triggered. But if not, I think we can take it for granted that Android Q will have an event for fold/unfold, and that could be an obvious candidate to trigger, if no dedicated event exists..

jtmurdo
    SirBaconIII
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 12

Hmmm… That could work. I don’t know enough about what specifically would happen if that state were to be triggered in Android, but I do see a few promising options if that doesn’t work. One is a hardware state for “Keyboard Out” and the other a “Display Orientation” state. As much as I would like to be able to have the dedicated “Phone Slid Open” option, I think there are a few possible options that might work.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Testdevice
    TeZtdevice
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 51

This one..
    Profile – State – Keyboard out ?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 646

Profile – State – Keyboard out

Yup, that seems to be it. A similar question and discussion for the BB Priv can be found here https://forums.androidcentral.com/blackberry-priv/615883-tasker-experts.html

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Siani_8
    Siani_8
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 22

Profile – State – Keyboard out

Yup, that seems to be it. A similar question and discussion for the BB Priv can be found here https://forums.androidcentral.com/blackberry-priv/615883-tasker-experts.html

Ha what do ya know, I was Trisk in that thread. Love Tasker as well and really enjoyed open kb to answer which I think Priv had as an option but I had to use Tasker for close to hang up for some reason. I lost my Priv so can’t check but yes, you can use open or close kb to initiate Tasker events. Though I doubt I’d use open to answer on a horizontal slider lol.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958