February 27, 2019 at 6:40 pm #4988
btw, i wonder how good will the camera be ?
Any info about the performance of the camera unit that is used in the phone ?February 27, 2019 at 8:01 pm #5130
Wow, this phone is exactly what I have been craving since my n900. Any1 interested in a OP6? :PFebruary 27, 2019 at 8:03 pm #5132
@liew_sp – I think I read on one of the reviews that it’s the same unit used in the Pixel 3?
F(x)tec team – well done on your journey so far. I was a backer for your Moto Mod keyboard and although was gutted that it didn’t pan out, can see that you’ve taken the knowledge gained and really delivered a decent looking product. Having last used a keyboard slider years ago (Xperia X1) I have been silently rooting for you guys.
I will most likely place a pre-order but have a couple of questions first:
1) Are there any planned discounts for backers of the Moto Mod keyboard?
2) Excuse my ignorance, but what is the reason for the price to be 649 irrespective of currency?February 27, 2019 at 8:06 pm #5139
Hmmm – seems my questions got added to the page source rather than my comment? Sorry!February 27, 2019 at 9:00 pm #5210
Thanks for the report dt.white, took the liberty to edit your comment so it looks as I assume you intended, and reported the bug to the developers.
(Got no answers for your questions though, will try and ask someone)February 27, 2019 at 9:53 pm #5252
Are there any planned discounts for backers of the Moto Mod keyboard?
When I asked on the Indiegogo campaign site, they planned to give a discount of $100:
February 28, 2019 at 8:33 am #5625
This is great news!
What a beautiful phone and I can’t wait to be typing on this thing. I still want to throw my current phone through the window almost every day out of frustration of having to type on a screen. ;)
(1) What kind of Android will it be? A stock Android version with some additions and updated in house, or will it be part of the Android One family with updates and upgrades directly from Google?
(2) Will it get official Sailfish OS support as previously hinted? And with official support I mean paid support which includes support for running Android apps. A niche device deserves a niche OS. ;)
(3) The specs don’t mention the weight of this beast. So how heavy is it? Grams please because we’re living in a metric world. ;)
And a few minor things I would’ve loved to see differently
(1) Up-to-date SoC. The Snapdragon 835 is old by every tech standard. It should’ve really been a 845 at least. The 855 will already show up in this year’s high-end devices.
(2) Those rounded screen edges. No like.. I much prefer a rather straight design. More akin to the Sonys and Nokias of this world than the Samsungs and Apples. That’s very much a personal thing of course. But at least there’s no notch. ;)
(3) Having to choose between a second sim card or an sd card. I have and use both now.February 28, 2019 at 10:44 am #5681
Size 5″ is max, otherwise I will be unable to get all keys with thumbs only to be able to use device without table:-) N900 was great, but too small display to display more information. Larger than 5″ would need to place device on same table and use all fingers (e.g. Gemini PDA from Planet Computers – I consider to buy Cosmo Communicator too last time :-) but Pro1 would be better for me, more N900-like device).February 28, 2019 at 10:59 am #5689
I would buy Pro1 even for 1000EUR/US$. The landscape sliding HW KBD has for me really high prio. The N900 was very expansive too, but it was great phone. Sadly the HW (RAM) was small :(
Stock Android with possible update to newer release and with simple root access would be great.
Standard Linux as dual boot would be perfekt.
I accept older HW, I don’t need the newest one.
I want external SD.
Second SIM would be good.
Thank you.February 28, 2019 at 11:48 am #5741
Well rowos it is also a matter of how ‘deep’ in the hand it is resting.
Try to take a large phablet or pocket calculator and place it in landscape resting on the outer two/three joints of two/three fingers, and support it with ringfinger/pinky you will see that you can keep a secure grip and have a huge range with the thumbs.
We would naturally place a smaller device with the corners in the palms, but it is not a must for a secure gribFebruary 28, 2019 at 12:50 pm #5812
I am also curious about the weight ?
And when the QWERTZ keyboard will come.
Also I want to say, that the rounded screen edges are real display killers ! I destroyed the display of my BB Priv, because it fell directly on the edge. Now I have a case which secures the edges but makes it look very bold. I would appreciate a “normal” display in future versions…
MichaelFebruary 28, 2019 at 3:08 pm #5951
As I understand it, it is to weigh about 230g. Or about 40g more than a Samsung S9+ of roughly similar area
That is about the same weight per area unit as say the last one widely available, the SonyEricsson Xperia (Neo) Pro.February 28, 2019 at 6:15 pm #6130
Will the bootloader be locked or unlocked?
Thanks in advance.February 28, 2019 at 6:56 pm #6170
TeZtdeviceParticipantFebruary 28, 2019 at 6:56 pm #6172
the bootloader might be locked when shipped, but it will be unlockable, F(x)tec promised that.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.