Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

David and abowers, yup *LOL*.
    Manufacturers generally think that lesser must be combined with mediocre or worse…. :-(

I usually use this link to expose the VERY limited availability. All I request is at the most 65mm wide, and at the least FHD – and get TWO, of which ONE is available outside Japan….

Pretty absurd with so little variation in all the phablets that are pumped out. Different people different needs/wishes…. and this SHOULD lead to different products by normal market mechanisms – but oddly it does not seem to happen?

…Maybe people are getting tired of more of the same huge phablets only, and that could be reason behind the smartphone sales according to IDC are slowing down

peter
    peter
    Participant

Well I’m with EskeRahn on the numbers row, I always hated on the N900 having to shift to get at them when particularly when adding someone to a contacts list. It also made using the terminal built in to the N900 surprisingly hard work.

I’m not all that bothered about curved screens or overall size but I hope this happens as I think it’s a better alternative to the cosmo which seems to be a bit flawed as a phone.

Anyway I placed my order on launch day and right now I wish the crew all the best. Getting that first batch of hardware manufactured is a hard task and I just need my current phone to last long enough.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

On the GPS, I’m not sure about Galileo, but can’t imagine that the others are not there. And if I look here it is clear that the chipset is supported, so would be very surprised if that did not work as well.

pedro4444
    pedro4444
    Participant

hello
    please Will be have this device irda for infra remote control device?

nbtodd
    asanti
    Participant

hello
    please Will be have this device irda for infra remote control device?

At this point it’s safe to say no.

nbtodd
    asanti
    Participant

I really appreciate the presence of a camera shutter button, expandable storage, and a headphone jack. Those are welcome additions.

My girlfriend has a flashed PQ and besides ergonomics which that device truly excels in, this is what matters to her. That phone’s Achilles heel is the lens’ susceptibility to cracking on impact and becoming unusable. So my thoughts on the curved screen. Unless you’re always sitting at a table, you’ll be pushing the phone open all the time. And your thumbs will slip often, especially if they’re not clean. Which leads to the chance of dropping, for which designing a decent case for will be a problem. And this is a big phone, which presumably takes a little more effort to open. Because of this I’ll get a Pro1 for me, but not her.

bob3k
    bob3k
    Participant

I’ve preordered, but now that I read more details, specifically the really just too big size–over 6 inches in width? and the dumb useless gimicky curved edged screen, on both sides!– I’m seriously considering canceling my preorder. I am still using my Droid 4. I would love to have a new qwerty phone, but those two things are almost a deal breaker.

It needs to fit in my pocket, it needs to fit in my hand…and curved edged screen…are just stupid in every way.

Please make a 5ish inch flat screened qwerty slider phone. I guarantee it’s really what 90% of the people on here want.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

bob3k, Have you tried a Samsung S8+ or S9+? The width is right between the two, and the Pro¹ a bit shorter. Remember that it is 2:1 not 16:9 so 6″ sounds larger than it really is. It is substantially less wide than a BlackBerry Priv (with the keyboard in the wrong direction)

Siani_8
    Siani_8
    Participant

Trusted members on the Blackberry Forum are throwing around .7 pound weight for this phone and while there is nothing to back up the claim, the members are listening and believing it and probably turning away some current Priv owners looking for an upgrade. Is there any way we can get the real weight of this device?

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster

½ pound, afaik. I do not know why the specs does not tell the weight. My GUESS is that some details can yet be adjusted, so they wont promise an exact weight.

Siani_8
    Siani_8
    Participant

Thank you!

RoninX
    RoninX
    Participant

Personally, coming from an LG V30 and having owned V20, Note 5, and Nexus 6P in the past, I think the Pro 1’s 6-inch screen is the perfect size.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.