Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Parhelion
    Parhelion
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

Since there has been an official tweet about future presentation events and to keep the beginning forum discussions (like here) together I’d like this topic to have its own thread:

Where are those interested in a hands-on event? Where should it take place?

Suggestions and discuccions to prepare a possible voting.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Replies: 110

Dublin on Monday =)
    No seriously I bet Germany would be a good place since the German-Layout seems to be a success.

Parhelion
    Parhelion
    Participant
    Replies: 20

I believe the intensive discussion about the QWERTZ keyboard with the successful production and the keyboard layout poll substantiating a large basis of followers would be a good reason to host an event, but on the other hand, following the discussions, this includes almost all of central Europe, with Scandinavia, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, and more.

Prague has been metioned, I’m curious about other proposals. Myself, I would of course invite to Vienna, but I wouldn’t want to be egoistic about that one, so -any place around the globe.

doktor.oswaldo
    doktor.oswaldo
    Participant
    Replies: 110

I believe the intensive discussion about the QWERTZ keyboard with the successful production and the keyboard layout poll substantiating a large basis of followers would be a good reason to host an event, but on the other hand, following the discussions, this includes almost all of central Europe, with Scandinavia, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, and more.

Prague has been metioned, I’m curious about other proposals. Myself, I would of course invite to Vienna, but I wouldn’t want to be egoistic about that one, so -any place around the globe.

Vienna would be lovely, wouldn’t say no to a trip there.
    And of course I would also love to invite, but I don’t think Switzerland makes any sense at all. Small, Expensive and unfortunately clearly an iPhone country.
    Unfortunately I think Vienna is also rather on the small side.

I think they should look at the pre-orders and not choose a Location somewhere in the middle.
    Maybe it is only me, but with my current schedule it is hard to find time for a longer travel and it is somewhat expensive just for a phone. So while I would love a trip to Vienna I would most certainly not make it.

I would just go for a City with a larger number of pre-orders. That’s why I said Germany.

storyworks
    Hook
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 43

I agree, I would say they should look at the pre-orders and see where their larger customer bases are located. I’m a US customer, but not sure how big a base we are. I’d love them to come to Washington DC area, but I would think New York would be more likely. Again, it should be where would it be likely that a good number of customers could show up. I suspect it probably is Europe.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Swond
    Swond
    Participant
    Replies: 25

I can reccomend Prague for example. It is in the middle of Europe, is it such a nice city with rich history and wonderfull sights! And for beer enthusiasms there is a nice beer for reasonable price. :) But.. Thats just to have some thoughs meanwhile :)

entusiasticalgoat
    entusiasticalgoat
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Prag sounds nice, but do you use QWERTZ in CZ? Otherwise I would also support Vienna.

Swond
    Swond
    Participant

Prag sounds nice, but do you use QWERTZ in CZ? Otherwise I would also support Vienna.

Of course we do use qwertz! It is bit more complicated than the German one, but still easier to learn differences between cze-ger than swapped Z&Y :) And since there should be a way how to modify other keys..
    Anyway, I am not against Vienna or Berlin as well! It is not that far (well especially these two are only 200km further than Prague for me) but lets see what will become like a best deal :)

Attachments:
    Craig
    Craig
    Participant
    Replies: 30

Where are those interested in a hands-on event? Where should it take place?

I’d probably attend in San Francisco Bay Area. Ideally San Jose, but anywhere in the area.

CornholioGSM
    CornholioGSM
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 9

….yess…Prague….because i am from Prague too :D

jason
    DW
    Participant
    Replies: 75

Tbh honest if it was Prague and they did it on a Friday I’d go for a long weekend :D

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 393

Tbh honest if it was Prague and they did it on a Friday I’d go for a long weekend :D

I think it is a very good idea to choose a Friday evening/late afternoon – no matter where in the world it is, as it exactly could entice more people to combine it with a weekend visit. Especially if held in a ‘tourist friendly’ city/area.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Replies: 75

I think it is a very good idea to choose a Friday evening/late afternoon – no matter where in the world it is, as it exactly could entice more people to combine it with a weekend visit. Especially if held in a ‘tourist friendly’ city/area.

Yeah exactly, there are loads of places I want to go but if there is something on I want to see/do it will entice me to make the trip as I’m getting more things done.

michael.bosscha
    Michael Bosscha
    Participant
    Replies: 29

I’m for a German location. Being from the Netherlands, that’s easily reachable and there’s a ton of airports for the rest of you guys to easily get there.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    dreamflasher
    dreamflasher
    Participant

Berlin, Germany

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.