Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    donanobispacem777
    donanobispacem777
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Today I learnt some device like OnePlus and Huawei don’t even support this feature.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 530

AFAIK, this is not part of standard Pie. I haven’t heard anything on F(x)tec adding it.
    Pie do as default encrypt all data on your phone. (see Security & Location, Advanced, Encryption)
    (Pie do also offer the Lockdown mode, that might help somewhat if you make it a habit using it)

And you should be able to remote wipe the device too, see e.g. https://www.androidcentral.com/how-set-android-device-manager-lock-and-wipe-your-phone

2 users thanked author for this post.
    storyworks
    Hook
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 62

My opinion only, but ugh. ;-) Whenever a phone or software offers that option (my password locker does) I immediately set it to unlimited. One of the things I loved about Dirty Unicorns is that it left my phone unencrypted by default. My paper files aren’t encrypted. They don’t even have a password. I don’t need my phone encrypted. Lol. The few things that need to be encrypted are.

Again, just me. YMMV (and I’m not being critical of anyone who disagrees with me).

Craig
    Craig
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 71

I had not heard of such a feature, but certainly not a feature someone with young kids around would ever want enabled ;)

5 users thanked author for this post.
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 91

I had not heard of such a feature, but certainly not a feature someone with young kids around would ever want enabled ;)

quite agree lol!

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.