Wireless charge

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    jason
    DW
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 104

Same here I’m sick of sockets breaking on devices. So wireless charge would be a big plus point.

fxtec3
    BX
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Yes charging with 250mA is a joke – that was the point.. (hence the LOL). It might be academically optimal but not a usable method in real life.

I dunno about what you’re using today but 250mA for 8 hours a day is plenty for my existing phone. No joke needed. I average about that because the connector on my old phone is bad and only works half of nights, if i miss one night because of the bad connection i just make sure to be careful the next night. if i miss the next night, i have to leave the phone on the 500mA (real, not rated) charger for a few hours during the day.

The aluminum or magnesium back is a big issue, but wireless charging could also be done through the screen. Efficiency is impacted by a lot of factors, but distance is a huge one, charging through the screen would add a lot of distance so you’d probably want a QI charger with active cooling. The impedance mismatch is at the transmitter, so the power loss is at the transmitter, so the heat is at the transmitter. Of course heat rises so the phone gets the heat unless the charger actively gets rid of it.

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 647

I dunno about what you’re using today but 250mA for 8 hours a day is plenty for my existing phone. No joke needed.

Well “joke” was pushing it, but though in principle useful, it is rather impractical for most users daily routines if a device needs over 10 hours for a full charge, I would claim that for the vast majority of users it would be so impractical that it is at the least close to a “joke”.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ToniCipriani
    ToniCipriani
    Participant
    Replies: 4

Qi Charging was one thing that stopped me from replacing my Priv with a KEY-series.

I don’t care so much about the speed, it’s for bedside charging overnight anyways.

vlycop
    vlycop
    Participant
    Replies: 21

Hello :)
    I am not a huge fan for Qi charging, my Samsung Galaxy S4 having melt because of it, but i can see the appeal, especially in a car or on your desk.
    I was wondering, Still with the S4 in mind, if QI charging plate could be added in the phone by the user ? The S4 had a set of pin inside the back panel you could hook into and many 3rd party developed thin pad who fit in the phone. Youtube video showing what I’m talking about

In order for this to be possible, we need for the back of the phone to be glass or plastic, not metal, for the mother board to not be glued on the back, and for somewhere to wire it inside.
    I never hold the phone (waiting for f(x)tec to ship is soooo hard :( ) So i was hopping people who had, or people how made the phone, could help me burn down this weird idea by telling me it’s not possible :D

EskeRahn
    EskeRahn
    Keymaster
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 647

Hello :)

I am not a huge fan for Qi charging, my Samsung Galaxy S4 having melt because of it, but i can see the appeal, especially in a car or on your desk.

I was wondering, Still with the S4 in mind, if QI charging plate could be added in the phone by the user ? The S4 had a set of pin inside the back panel you could hook into and many 3rd party developed thin pad who fit in the phone. Youtube video showing what I’m talking about

In order for this to be possible, we need for the back of the phone to be glass or plastic, not metal, for the mother board to not be glued on the back, and for somewhere to wire it inside.

I never hold the phone (waiting for f(x)tec to ship is soooo hard :( ) So i was hopping people who had, or people how made the phone, could help me burn down this weird idea by telling me it’s not possible :D

The back is all metal, so won’t do, see rest of the thread

vlycop
    vlycop
    Participant
    Replies: 21

The back is all metal, so won’t do, see rest of the thread

Thank’s for merging me with the thread i didn’t saw ^^ sorry for the noise

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 FX Technology Limited. Company Number 11602958